View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:01 AM   #7
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I'm so unbelievably tired of people holding up the "offended" card as if it makes their opinion any more important than anyone else's. It doesn't.

So let's look at what you actually have to say.

"words like sissy and tranny might possibly be offensive."

Words like slut and bitch might be offensive too, but they're allowed to be used in many, many usernames.

I would personally like to think that members are mature enough to understand that words are just words, and that there is no maliciousness behind those particular words.

No one is being singled out or bullied because of those words, and I would hope anyone being abused against their will is reporting such abuse - however such a case would have nothing to do with the particular words, but the abuse itself.

"also games like boys vs girls or only boys can answer this."

Boy or Girl is a valid gender label to want to want to associate with, too. They also tend to be the most popular choices, and so make the most popular threads. If you want to make "Girls vs FtM-considering" go right ahead. You have every right to. But don't think that every single game in the playground has to include every single person within a mile range and every snowflake need they have, because that's just unrealistic.

As for only boys or only girls can answer this, they tend to be tailored towards the person finding boys or girls they may be interested in via asking a set of questions to get the answers they want. Alternatively you could say people tend to be interested in either penises or vaginas and so gravitate towards the questions about those organs. Most people have one or the other and can choose to answer as they like.

First of all you labelled the existence of boy only or girl only threads as hate, which is bullshit. Are you currently suing the council for having male and female designated toilets? Do you want all boy only girl only threads deleted? Must everyone stop doing anything they like that doesn't please you? Has someone said you can't make your own super inclusive thread?

Also, if you're joining a game "for girls" and then get surprised when someone asks about your pussy, you're deluding yourself. Of course people are going to expect a girl to be a girl. That's basic common sense. You have every right to identify as a girl, and to tell people upfront that you have a different body, but don't act like people are bullying you by assuming someone saying they are a girl actually has the body associated with that word.

Onto subs and "faking." No, that isn't gender hate. That's liar hate. If you go into a relationship with someone and aren't upfront about your unconventional choices, then you are well aware that you are deceiving that person. No one likes to be deceived. You can identify as a caterpillar if you like, and I'm fine with that - so long as you tell me. If a girl comes up to me asking to be a sub, then gets mad that I didn't ask her if she was really a caterpillar, then she is the one being unreasonable.

Like it or not, most people identify as girls or boys. If you want to do something else, that's fine - but don't expect the entire world to shift just for you. And don't try and make me care just because you say you are "offended." I find stupidity offensive. I still have to put up with it every day.

Note: This is a personal opinion, not any sort of "staff" opinion. Mods are people too.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote