View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #96
minimarshmellow
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingMyBest View Post
Anyway, I don't REALLY know what my point or question is, but I think a couple might be:

Is it normal to be self-destructive enough when stropping to refuse to do what you know you should (and would do in "standard mindset")? I.E. My not wanting to run my finger under the tap.
Is it unusual that one would feel patronised for having someone taking care of them telling/making them do it because you already know to/how? I.E. I felt I'd feel stroppier and a little patronised had a "caregiver" type told me to do it and mollycoddled me - despite craving so desperately for someone to do so.
Is it peculiar that I just wanted away from it so badly? To stop cooking and not eat anything and go sulk somewhere...

How does one cope with needing someone to hold them when there is no such option and they physically cannot bring themselves to ask for even a virtual cuddle?
From my personal experience, yes. Sometimes the smallest of things throw me off and I just stop. For good example, I had a bug in my bed last night, instead of just throwing it out or something, I had a huge fit. Pointing, crying, and refusing to get in the bed.

Most littles want someone to take care of them, especially in the small things. Being little for many people is a stress relief from the big world. Without the extra help from a caregiver type, it can be really hard.

I have trained myself to have both a little side and caregiver side. That way, when I have a moment that little just -can't-, the caregiver side can pick up the slack and get the bug out of the bed, for example. (I probably sound super insane, but it works for me so yeah.) So when I have those nights where all I want to do is cuddle, the caregiver side gets me showered, and tucked in with a movie. Then I usually get some sort of treat the next day. That ranges from candy, to a new toy, to lunch out of the house.

Using small bribe things on yourself can be really helpful sometimes. Then big you is happy you are calmed, and little you is happy for the reward.

This world is a scary place, sometimes you need to be both caregiver and little.

Married. Asexual. Certified Professional Hypnotist. Wholesomely Evil.
Neurodivergent. Official Snack Professional.

Ask me all of your hypnosis questions HERE!
minimarshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote