Thread: Fiction: The Field Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
Wordsmiff
Distinguished Member

Default Part 3

Part 3.

The boys in Dorm 5 were all nerds. They had managed to wangle a dorm of their own so that they could get some serious studying done.

Liam Barker was sitting on his bed writing an account of the youth hostel experience on an A4 pad when his phone beeped. He put his pad and pen down and found his phone.

“I thought you couldn’t get a signal round here,” James Milton said, from across the dorm.

Liam looked at the text. “I suppose it depends on the weather conditions,” he said. “look, I have to go to one of the girls’ dorms,” he said, getting off his bed. “Katie Bennett says it’s important.”

He walked the short distance to the girls’ wing and knocked on the door of Dorm 3.

“Enter,” came Katie’s voice.

Liam went in. “What’s up?” he asked Katie.

“Bethany has something to ask you,” Katie said cryptically.

Liam looked at Bethany, questioningly.

“Can we do it privately?” Bethany asked Katie.

Katie nodded.

Bethany turned to Liam. “Can you come outside into the hall?” she said.

Liam and Bethany went outside.

“The bathroom,” Bethany said.

She took Liam to the communal bathroom and closed the door behind them. “Okay, it’s like this,” she said. “Katie has dared me to ask you if I can feel your... you know,”

Liam nodded.

“Can you please tell her that I did it?” Bethany pleaded. “I’ll make it up to you.”

Liam could see the fear in Bethany’s voice. “Of course,” he said. “You’ve just done it. Now, let’s go back, I’ve got work to do.”

Thanks,” Bethany said. She gave Liam a peck on the cheek.

Liam and Bethany went back to the dorm. “All done,” Bethany said, “I had a...” she glanced at Liam and smiled, “good feel.”

“Can I go now,” Liam said.

Katie nodded. She waited till Liam had gone, then turned to Bethany. “Well done, Beth. How was your first one?”

“Okay,” Bethany said, “Not bad.”

“Okay,” Sarah said. “Megan, you’re next to choose someone.”

Megan chose a name.

Bethany smiled. She’d got away with it. She owed Liam big time.

To be continued...
Wordsmiff is offline   Reply With Quote