View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Lonelyangel
getDare Sweetheart

Since I'm also from england I'd just like to say that it is highly common for people to despise a government that has been in power nearly ten years and it's not unique to just Tony Blair and the Labour Party, this also happened with Thatcher and the conservatives in the late 80's/early 90's. See i don't think a referendum should be held over every decision that happens in the House of commons, i do believe that a referendum should of most definitely been held over the war on Iraq and the war on terror in Afghanistan. But what i do get pissed at is when people say (not accusing anyone here) that this government does not do anything for us. We are in one of the best countries on earth to life despite teenage pregnancy's and the likes , we have free health care, free education and a place where gun killings are one of the lowest in the world. The following is roughly the stats giving in the Michael Moore documentary bowling for columbine that in the UK with a population of just over 60 million on average 65 shootings each year (the same in other big European countries), in America however with a population roughly 5 or 6 times greater then that of the UK, over 10,000 shootings each year. But i do agree with timmy on one point the successor to Blair (Gordan Brown) is not fit to take over as PM.
Lonelyangel is offline   Reply With Quote