Thread: Singing
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #49
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people? I use to have to sing in front of people a lot when I was younger as I went to a Steiner school and they are big on performing arts. Now mostly privately, as I have a speech impediment, but I sing almost every day. Eventually I'm going to have an operation to overcome that, mostly so that I can give more of a go to singing and other things that will help my work, but that is for the future.

2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10? 3-4

3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say? I've been given a lot of positive feedback and told that my voice sounds like a bell, but I've always been mistrustful of this.

4. In a negative way? (I hope these answers are funny) Yes, people blowing air through their noses.

5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist? I Love all forms of music, and do not have a favourite song or artist. To sing, I enjoy folk songs, sea shanties, early blues, classic rock, rock 'n' roll and 20's-50's dance hall, swing, jazz and crooning. Also, I'm not Christian or Buddhist, but certain hymns and chants appeal to me. Some of the Baptist Sacred Harp songs are incredible, but can easily be ruined.

6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing? I'd say Blues and folk. They are what I work on mostly.

7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing? Rap. Cleft palate is the death for spitting bars.

8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing? Nope.

9. On a different hand, can you rap? I've written rap for others, but don't myself as people have no idea what I'm saying. I used to be able to battle quite well, in terms of flow and content, but when I stopped for the above reason I lost my skills after years without practice.

10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice? I'd say it naturally goes a bit higher, but I'm working on that.

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote