Thread: Singing
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
NorthlandDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Mandi** View Post
Well, earlier I was thinking about how I love to sing but I am absolutely god-awful at it and I got to wondering if anyone on GetDare had a secret singing talent so here are some questions..

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people?
2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10?
3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say?
4. In a negative way? (I hope these answers are funny)
5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist?
6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing?
7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing?
8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing?
9. On a different hand, can you rap?
10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice?
1.) All the friggen time. In private, in front of people, in front of strangers. It's great when random people get caught in my bardic performance area

2.) 6-7ish. It's not too bad. Not great, but above average.

3.) Yeah, I usually get told I should sing at least locally. Though I'm not too great in front of crowds, so nope. I'll stick with my chosen field of things and stuff.

4.) "It's 4AM, SHUT IT!" or "Do you HAVE to do that here?" at the Wals-Mart and occasionally the park.

5.) Classic rock and pre-2005 Disney, particularly(and this is funny as hell IMO) Hilary Duff for the most part. I've got some eclectic music tastes, and I can usually pull it off.

6.) See above

7.) Country. Not a fan, and as a result, sound like crap when I try to sing it.

8.) Nope. Never entered anything for singing, though I did go to court over it once.

9.) Nope.

10.) It's whatever I need it to be. A little less so the last few years(had a real good illness that nearly killed me three years ago, and my vocal range never did fully recover- can't hit the falsetto anymore )

Anything else to add... hmmm... well, I did help my friends 100% every song on Expert for vocals on the Rock Band games