Thread: Online Dating
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #14
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Have you ever used an online dating site? What was your motivation to do so? Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile?

I have used an online dating site in the far distant past. At the time I was pretty shy and had a hard time meeting people in person (still do), however I find that I am able to talk more naturally in writing. I don't know if anyone remembers that site Spin the Bottle (or something like that). That's what I used. I never really lied or exaggerated on my profile, but I did withhold information that was either embarrassing or not their business.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like? Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences?

In the end I never dated anyone I met from the site. Most of the people I met were pretty awful. However they did have a nice little online community (by stupid teen standards) and I did a lot of socializing that way. I have had traumatic online dating experiences, unrelated to the site, though. When I was about 15 I hooked up with a younger boy and wound up being had (he was seeing multiple girls online). That was when I learned that traditional dating ethics and values hold no weight in online dating.
Some time before that, I had an online fling with a man who turned out to be a predator.

Now that I think about it, the internet is dangerous... :|

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote