getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Getting popular! (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=827)

Big_Joe 12-15-2006 12:25 PM

Getting popular!

The site is getting very popular. Lately i've noticed that the average amount of people on the site is about 15 - 20. I remember when it was hard to come on and see anyone else on at all!

chain 12-15-2006 07:40 PM

You have no idea you should have seen what is was like back when it was just thatonegirl, lestat, userben, depp, and me....

Glutgod 12-16-2006 12:05 PM

Yea when I was on azt first there where like maby ten contributing members but now theres like maby 15 to 20 like you said! Its takien like half a year though but I wonder what will happen in the next half a year.

Smile Guy 01-16-2007 11:10 AM

We are seeing growth all the time as well.

I've been noticing some new members around who seem to contributing great to the site.

Although we do still have "dead days" where absolutely nothing happens. But it's getting better and better and in some ways it's nicer to just have a few people rather than a massive group with hundreds of people. I feel like I know everyone's name and the ways they act here.

Glutgod 01-17-2007 02:19 PM

Yea thats true becuase if there is so many people you don't get to know them all and thst no f un.

chain 01-17-2007 02:42 PM

A lot of people are good, and although we welcome all, regulars kick ass!

bkwrm37 01-17-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingangistheclick (Post 5713)

Yeah. Because some people come on, stay for a few days, ask for dares, then leave. It's annoying.

Newbman 01-17-2007 10:25 PM

well isn't that what getdare was created for? to supply us with dares that we ask for, and to create friendships and other "relationships"?
Just becasue people don't post (me) doesn't mean they don't contribute. I PM and msn other members, this place is like a crossroads into other territory.

depp 01-18-2007 12:36 AM

getDare was created to serve all aspects of the game Truth or Dare. I run this site to serve you guys. It's a "just for fun" type of thing.

As long as you get something out of this site I am happy. :D

cheesy dude 01-18-2007 11:26 AM

very modest there depp

Glutgod 01-18-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingangistheclick (Post 5713)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbman (Post 5737)
well isn't that what getdare was created for? to supply us with dares that we ask for, and to create friendships and other "relationships"?
Just becasue people don't post (me) doesn't mean they don't contribute. I PM and msn other members, this place is like a crossroads into other territory.

It was creAted for that reason but when people come ask for dares and leave without even contributing in any way it gets really annoying.

pixel 01-20-2007 10:09 AM

I'm logging more and more now, I love this site. Going to try and contribute more though, usualy it was just asking for dares, but now I want to help too :)

Manbearpig 01-31-2007 03:06 PM

i joined this site in june 06, and ive been on and off periodically. but i have noticed that this site is getting more and more popular. i know its mainly because of the slave/master section, but still. when i first joined, you could find posts in that section that go a month back. now most likely by 7-8 central time, its hard to find one from maybe 2 or 3 days ago because a ton of people will go on. also now more and more people are getting to the member status and the senior member status (such as myself) which is really nice to see. lets keep it up! a lot of people have come and gone, some making only a few posts and some long time people have gone, however a few people remain since i first joined. however, what really annoys me are one-timers, people who come here, post something in the slave/master section or post a DARE ME!!! in the wrong section and then never come back. that really the only thing that annoys me about this site. all in all, thanks depp and all the getdare staff for making this such a fun site to use!

depp=noob=lol 02-01-2007 08:45 AM

I think that the following rules would work perfectly:
-You cant post threads (all sections) until you have 10 posts
-You cant post threads in Tord Online section until you have 20 posts (to prevent too much Dare me!)
-You cant post threads in the Slave/Master section until you have 50 posts (just bcz the person who is asking for a slave/ master, is a bit known on the site)
-Guests cant visit the slave/master section (to prevent that random ppl add you)
-and the last one: Only members of the MSN TORD GAME (from BigJoe) can visit that section, you first have to ask if you can join. This is to prevent ppl just adding others.

I know that rules arent fun, but without rules, this site will be a mess, bcz if more ppl are using the site, then more people will just abuse this site.

I think that this is the only way to keep getdare a great site.

Manbearpig 02-01-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by depp=noob=lol (Post 6145)
I think that the following rules would work perfectly:
-You cant post threads (all sections) until you have 10 posts
-You cant post threads in Tord Online section until you have 20 posts (to prevent too much Dare me!)
-You cant post threads in the Slave/Master section until you have 50 posts (just bcz the person who is asking for a slave/ master, is a bit known on the site)
-Guests cant visit the slave/master section (to prevent that random ppl add you)
-and the last one: Only members of the MSN TORD GAME (from BigJoe) can visit that section, you first have to ask if you can join. This is to prevent ppl just adding others.

I know that rules arent fun, but without rules, this site will be a mess, bcz if more ppl are using the site, then more people will just abuse this site.

I think that this is the only way to keep getdare a great site.

yea these rules do look totally fair. someone should metion these to deep. no offense to anyone but this site is starting to get out of hand.