getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Suggestion Zone (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Reason for banning on the user profile (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=67536)

Swan 02-06-2011 05:27 AM

Reason for banning on the user profile

I wondered if there was a way to put the reason for banning/probating a user on their profiles as well. That's because the ban list is too long and if we have to look up for a user's name there, it's time consuming. :)
Just my suggestion. :)

Lurker 02-06-2011 05:32 AM

Or at least a search facility in the ban list :)

Rachie 02-06-2011 12:34 PM

Quote from Leo (Leopard) (sent via pvt earlier in week similar question)

the resaon some are temp and some are longer is because of repeat offences, breaking other rules, or being really bad creepers. the ban list is there for mod reference, not for you guys (no offence) so there's not all the information on there.

...........................END OF QUOTE...........................................

Here you can see a mod explaining, Therefore dont believe it is necessary on there profile

Apologies Leo, edited out all of the rest of our coversation lol

Love Rachie
x x x

busted 02-06-2011 12:37 PM

This would be an awesome idea. :)

DancingBear 02-06-2011 02:16 PM

If it's for mod reference, why not put it on the mod forum? :P

But yeah, I don't think it's necessary to put the reason on the user profile.

Slenderman - Doctor 02-06-2011 03:03 PM

We all know the main reasons for bans so it doesn't really matter.

"BANNED" is bad, keep away, no, don't go there, done bad, etc.

Star Shadows 02-06-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 399361)
We all know the main reasons for bans so it doesn't really matter.

Doctor makes a good point actually, it shouldn't really matter the fact they are banned should be reason enough

Lurker 02-06-2011 03:08 PM

Maybe, but it wouldn't hurt would it? Not everything is black and white :)

Mephistopheles 02-06-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rant (Post 399327)
If it's for mod reference, why not put it on the mod forum? :P

But yeah, I don't think it's necessary to put the reason on the user profile.

It isn't a staff-maintaned list but rather an automatic feature of the forum software, IIRC. It forces you to put a reason in when banning and then automatically updates the database at that URL. And since users know that URL they can just type it and hit enter and go from there....

Also, I don't see why it matters that much. If it is temporary you can just ask the user about it and if it is permanent they are gone gone gone for good sooooo it wouldn't really matter.

Leopard 02-07-2011 09:34 AM

Actually it was a mod only feature. Depp allowed members to see it for fun or something or other. I remember reading a post about it ages ago.

The mod section still has the original ban list link, other than the newer "quick links" that's the only direct link to it.

Loman 09-22-2011 12:14 PM

I know I am reviving a half-year old thread but I really want to comment on this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 399361)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Shadows (Post 399363)
Doctor makes a good point actually, it shouldn't really matter the fact they are banned should be reason enough

Please bear in mind that my account was banned for about 7 months through CHOICE. I requested the ban, and subsequently requested the unban.
I just feel this sort of attitude is unfair as a generalisation, and I still support the reason for ban being shown on the profile, or at least 'Deactivated' shown for those who requested it to differentiate them from 'Banned'
For a user like momo to be put into the same category and viewed in the same way as a user like Sekai is just sickening.

Regards,

nellybell 09-22-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loman (Post 539484)
I know I am reviving a half-year old thread but I really want to comment on this:

Please bear in mind that my account was banned for about 7 months through CHOICE. I requested the ban, and subsequently requested the unban.
I just feel this sort of attitude is unfair as a generalisation, and I still support the reason for ban being shown on the profile, or at least 'Deactivated' shown for those who requested it to differentiate them from 'Banned'
For a user like momo to be put into the same category and viewed in the same way as a user like Sekai is just sickening.

Regards,

And that is why the ban list is available so it really shouldn't be a worry. Anyway, user requested bans are supposed to be permanent so they really shouldn't care about their reputation on here if they no longer wish to return. To those it matters to they will no the real story to everyone else it really shouldn't matter. There are so few people that even understand the comparison you just made and it really should illustrate how this site has a very short memory and those people become nothing more than names that have joined in the past year and for those that aren't close in this community. Utterly inconsequential.

Blank 09-22-2011 03:16 PM

I like how the guy who suggested this had banned near his name haha xD

Invisible 09-22-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank (Post 539561)
I like how the guy who suggested this had banned near his name haha xD

Yeah that cracked me up too - I thought I'd test the idea and try and find out why he was banned - but gave up.

Leopard 09-22-2011 09:51 PM

Swan was Mere, User Requested ban after various events. No more offtopic.

That said, you've already been given the answers you're getting - there's no obligation to show a ban reason. If you ask for a perm ban you are expected to stay gone, not just dick about wasting mods' time with your moods.

It would be a useful feature for moderators, though. Looking up the reasons is a pain.