getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Photography Competition (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=66401)

Star Shadows 01-21-2011 07:12 PM

Photography Competition

Photography competition.

I am going to start a photography competition (as the title suggests) for you wonderful members of getDare. Each week I will give you a title to base your photo on. (Ie: I just entered one today with the title “put out the light”) and you can interpret this title any way you like (providing it is PG13 due to the nature of the site any users with inappropriate content will be immediately disqualified and have their post reported) . Feel free to join any time you like, even after the original entry date, you may also drop in and out doing whichever you want without losing your progress so far.

I’m using a point tally system for the competition (thank you Leo for letting me borrow the idea) And each week’s over all winner will be the user with the most points THAT WEEK! (over all doesn’t matter other than for the over all contest winner whenever it finishes)

Point system
Actually posting a photograph= +2 points
(so you get two points for trying because I’m nice like that)
Explanation as to why you took it = + 2 points
The runner up per week = 5 points
The winner of each week = 10 points

If you are interested in taking part Post your name below, preferably before the 31st of January so I can enter you into a database for it.

Rules:
1. Under NO circumstances, no if’s, no but’s no aww but pleases, No inappropriate photographs, all photographs MUST be PG13.
2. All photos must be placed in this thread to be considered.
3. You have 1 week to submit your photograph for each title, after this time your entrance wont be counted but may still be charged.
4. Still no inappropriate content.
5. My word is final, you don’t like how i chose then tough.
6. Photos all should be your own work taken on a camera. Using a search engine to find one kinda defeats the point a little.
7. Photo editing is fine to be used too

I now officially declare this competition open! With the first title being released to you on tuesday the 1st.
Any questions feel free to post and ask me, or ask me via PM.

The winner from each week will go into a special album on my page *that I am yet to make*, and over all winning prize will be revealed at some point.

DancingBear 01-21-2011 07:19 PM

Count me in! I love photography.

Stix 01-21-2011 07:24 PM

Yes yes yes I'm in :)

05slave 01-21-2011 07:27 PM

lets giv it a try

Sharp Nacelle 01-21-2011 07:30 PM

Alright then, I'll do it. Possibly.

honeyness 01-21-2011 07:49 PM

I will try with my crappy camera - Just because it's you! :P

DaVance 01-21-2011 08:09 PM

I'm also in on this although maybe not every week. I have one question your instructions did not specifically address - I guess it is the little bit of lawyer in me:

Do we use photos that we have taken ourselves, not downloaded from the web? I'm sure you meant those photos we take ourselves, but I'm just asking to avoid any future misunderstandings.

mindofdarkness 01-21-2011 08:18 PM

I'm in. Sounds like a good idea.

SlutPuppy 01-22-2011 03:01 AM

I'm in, now I really gotta get batteries.

Star Shadows 01-22-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaVance (Post 391461)
I'm also in on this although maybe not every week. I have one question your instructions did not specifically address - I guess it is the little bit of lawyer in me:

Do we use photos that we have taken ourselves, not downloaded from the web? I'm sure you meant those photos we take ourselves, but I'm just asking to avoid any future misunderstandings.

I realised I had forgot to mention this before the photos must be ones that you have taken yourself not something downloaded though you can use online for inspiration

trust-no-1 01-22-2011 03:24 AM

Sure, ill give it a go

Marc 01-22-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlutPuppy (Post 391528)
I'm in, now I really gotta get batteries.

get them for the camera as well....

I'll give it a go as well

Embii 01-22-2011 03:30 AM

I would love to take part, but I'm not sure if I can. I love photography, but my camera is awful, and I've lost the charger (no, really I have). So I will try.

Also, are we allowed to edit the photos?

Star Shadows 01-22-2011 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXxAngelxXx (Post 391537)
I would love to take part, but I'm not sure if I can. I love photography, but my camera is awful, and I've lost the charger (no, really I have). So I will try.

Also, are we allowed to edit the photos?

Yea editing is ok. I love editing mine except my software is crap, edited photos will count too.

Ps: camera might work better if you find the charger but cell/mobile phone photos are fine if needs be as long as the quality is reasonable so don't worry yourself about it much

SlutPuppy 01-22-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 391536)
get them for the camera as well....

I'll give it a go as well

That's what I meant. 100%. That time. Geez.