getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ★ Chores. (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=30334)

BettyBoop 08-18-2009 02:55 PM

★ Chores.

My friend told me the other day she doesn't know how to iron her own clothes, use a washing machine or cook a simple meal. o.O
So, at what age did you start doing chores?
And what were they?

Slenderman - Doctor 08-18-2009 02:57 PM

If you want holy clothes, I'll do your ironing.

I empty the dishwasher, stack it, vacuum, set the table, polish and clean the bathroom. Those are my main jobs.

fork 08-18-2009 03:11 PM

I just learned how to use a washing machine because once I was old enough to actually do laundry, we moved to a house where there was no washing machine or drier so my parents took it to the laundry mat. When I was at home I'd do the dishes and bring in the garbage can and mail and stuff. It wasn't really chores but whatever.
BTW loading a dishwasher isn't a chore. Try hand washing them.

emo boy 08-18-2009 03:18 PM

I do my own washing, ironing, all my own cooking. everything
i think everyone should do there own 'chores' how are they gunna get on in later life ?

BettyBoop 08-18-2009 03:25 PM

I do my own ironing and me and my brothers do the washing and drying together as it's everyone's clothes. I also clean the kitchen, empty and stack the dishwasher, and wash what doesn't fit. And I cook dinner on Monday and Wednesday.

owlart 08-18-2009 03:38 PM

Don't thank there was a specific age I started, just sort of got asked to do bits and pieces as I grew up, and as I got older the tasks changed to suit. After Uni I used to do all the normal ironing for everyone (fancy stuff like pencil pleated skirts etc got left, they didn't trust me to do those, and my sister was sure I'd put a crease down the front of her jeans!), but Mum liked to cook, so she would always do that. Generally everyone just waded in to help with things like washing up, loading/emptying the dishwasher etc, it wasn't anyones set job. It seemed to work well and we all pulled our weight.

muffinfairy 08-18-2009 03:39 PM

I can fit in my tumble dryer. Thats more fun then putting clothes in it.

Krystal 08-18-2009 03:39 PM

I've been cleaning house top to bottom since as long as i can remember. I don't really cook though, My Sis does that.

Tiger 08-18-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop (Post 176873)
My friend told me the other day she doesn't know how to iron her own clothes, use a washing machine or cook a simple meal. o.O
So, at what age did you start doing chores?
And what were they?

My chores were cleaning up the house around the age of 8. I have never ironed my clothes, I started using wash machine at 18 (:p), and I started cooking at about 13.

Komodo Jones 08-18-2009 03:54 PM

I've started doing chores since I was in single digits, maybe aroudn 5 or 6. They were usually simple ones like cleaning my room, making my bed etc. However, as chores go now I can do pretty much anything except cook. My definition of cooking as of right now is to read the directions on the package.

lokelake 08-18-2009 04:23 PM

I'm with your friend, I also don't know how to use a washing machine and iron clothes.

I don't remember the age I started doing chores, but, when I first started, I basically cleaned my room and help my mom clean the house, of course, when I was younger.

Now these days not much, lol. I do mow the lawn. Sometimes I clean my room, thats pretty much about it.

Madelyne 08-18-2009 05:35 PM

Hrmm.
When I'm home, I have to:
Feed the kitty's, and puppy.
Stack/empty the dishwasher.
Do laundry.
Clean my room.
Vacuum
Clean my bathroom
Cook
I learned to cook when I was 13, and the rest I've gradually been doing since I was 8.

jackfromnyc 08-18-2009 05:57 PM

I don't do a damn thing at home. LOL

We have a housekeeper who does a lot of the stuff.

Dorkette 08-18-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenric (Post 176875)
If you want holy clothes, I'll do your ironing.

I empty the dishwasher, stack it, vacuum, set the table, polish and clean the bathroom. Those are my main jobs.

Holy clothes? Are you GOD? O_O

I couldn't imagine God doing the ironing...

And I don't do chores... I'm spoilt. =P

MetalGreek 08-18-2009 08:56 PM

uhh i think around 9 i had to do a lot of things early on. but only cuz i had to "grow up" fast in life