getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   This one has to be "tame" (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=27539)

lifsvr 07-06-2009 02:31 PM

This one has to be "tame"

I put together a fitness challenge for some of my coworkers that were looking to lose some weight. Being the "prankster" that I am, I decided to change the "goal" of the challenge. Instead of rewarding the one who lost the most weight, I am going to publicly embarrass the one who loses the least amount. Upon the conclusion of the challenge, along with friends and family, we would all meet at a local bar & grill. They must carry out the "task" in the restaurant or, at least, somewhere on the grounds of the restaurant. It will be captured on video and placed on "YouTube."
There were ground rules agreed upon prior to the contest. It can NOT involve anything illegal, no nudity, nothing that would get one or more of us kicked out of the restaurant, nothing that would potentially break up a relationship, and nothing that could potentially be harmful.

So... with those rules... any suggestions??? The dinner is this coming Friday night!!!

BettyBoop 07-06-2009 03:37 PM

That is a horrid thing to do to someone.

lifsvr 07-06-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop (Post 160604)
That is a horrid thing to do to someone.

Sounds like it... but, it was meant to be "motivating."

I've helped a lot of people get into shape. 99% of the time, those that were looking to lose weight, simply lacked the appropriate "motivation." I'm not talking about those that couldn't because of a medical related condition or even those that were "happy" with their body. I'm talking about those that "claimed" they wanted to lose weight.

Traditionally, people think that money or a prize of some sort (or even having to pay for a gym membership) will give them the motivation to get in shape. After a while, the "sacrifices" are no longer worth the "prize" and they lose interest. Further, when there are multiple people involved all hoping to "win" the same prize, as soon as a participant sees they are dropping behind there is a tendency to just "give up." If the focus changes to the person in "last" place, the thinking is you can NOT give up. There is ALWAYS a chance, if you keep going, you will NOT be in last place. So, before the challenge ever began, I made it clear what the motivating factor was going to be. Everyone participating agreed and vowed to carry out the task, no matter who came in last.

Anyway... just thought I'd explain... cuz, although I AM a prankster and I LOVE the creativity behind "good" jokes, I'm really NOT a "mean-hearted" indvidual.

dfwchris 07-06-2009 05:14 PM

got it. they have to sing the Milkshake song, as per Family Guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvOEvjTSTI

that would motivate me....

muffinfairy 07-06-2009 05:32 PM

Maybe they should all have realistic targets.
If they get to their targets then you have to do the publically humiliating thing instead.
That's more motivation.

Powerstrip 07-06-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffinfairy (Post 160667)
If they get to their targets then you have to do the publically humiliating thing instead.
That's more motivation.

Better idea. People won't give up then.

Out of interest, what are your workout regimes? I keep telling myself I need to do some excercise.

lifsvr 07-06-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffinfairy (Post 160667)
That's more motivation.

Funny you should suggest this. In fact, to some extent, that WAS the agreement. If ALL the participants reached their goals, each got to choose something for ME to do! As for their goals, every participant chose for themselves what they wanted it to be. I simply coached and pestered them every week for four months trying to keep them on track. :)