getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Workout Music? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=270948)

wolf82 08-01-2016 06:16 AM

Workout Music?

What's everyone's go-to songs/artists that they listen to while working out (weights, running, jogs, power walks, etc.)?

For me, I almost always go to Soundcloud and find a really good club DJ mix that has been uploaded since those are almost always so up-beat so I naturally do things faster like running on the treadmill, for example. J Espinosa has the some really good material.

lola.fox 08-01-2016 06:30 AM

I like to listen to either the system of a down station on pandora or a comedy station like jim jefferies & anthony jeselnik to distract myself because I HATE cardio D:.

wolf82 08-01-2016 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lola.fox (Post 2345436)
I like to listen to either the system of a down station on pandora or a comedy station like jim jefferies & anthony jeselnik to distract myself because I HATE cardio D:.

Since you listen to Jeselnik, are you fan of Jeff Ross or Pete Davidson by any chance? I don't think either have podcasts but both are always funny when they do a Comedy Central roast or are on SNL in the case of Davidson.

mrpropel 09-18-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf82 (Post 2345424)
What's everyone's go-to songs/artists that they listen to while working out (weights, running, jogs, power walks, etc.)?

For me, I almost always go to Soundcloud and find a really good club DJ mix that has been uploaded since those are almost always so up-beat so I naturally do things faster like running on the treadmill, for example. J Espinosa has the some really good material.

Yeah I actually do that too. I just go onto Soundcloud and find some good EDM music or just any fast paced/up-beat song.

harddump 09-18-2016 10:33 AM

I might be alone on this one here, but I tend to listen to music pre-workout and not during. It's usually Meshuggah on the way to the gym. For stretching at home, though, I often listen to Beethoven's piano sonatas to pass the time while holding positions.

mrpropel 09-18-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harddump (Post 2425245)
I might be alone on this one here, but I tend to listen to music pre-workout and not during. It's usually Meshuggah on the way to the gym. For stretching at home, though, I often listen to Beethoven's piano sonatas to pass the time while holding positions.

I'm glad I'm not the only who listens to Beethoven haha. I also love how you went from Meshuggah to Beethoven.

cacti 09-18-2016 04:01 PM

I always listen to different music, but I went for a run this morning listening to Reclassified by Iggy Azalea. It's a guilty pleasure.

bleonav06 09-18-2016 04:02 PM

I have playlists of rap music for when I work out

Wolf007 09-19-2016 10:34 AM

For cardio purpose, it's allways something with a beat and fast paste...however, i truly dislike cardio.

For workouts (iron pumping) i use something with good lyrics. Mostly rap, metal or hardrock.