getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Incorrect Birthday? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=254950)

Arcturus 03-18-2016 11:20 PM

Incorrect Birthday?

So this is a slightly embarrassing thing to post... I realized the birthday on my account is ten years earlier than it should be. Now, the age in my signature is correct, but I think when I joined the site about five years ago, I, being a stupid teenager, (and I still am!) I lied about my age and bumped it up by ten. Is there a way to fix this without having to make a new account? I'd rather the clerical error be corrected, and I would appreciate if anyone knows how I could go about this. Thanks.

MischievousKitten 03-20-2016 05:23 AM

"Hi, I broke the rules, mods fix it for me" sounds legit.

Jah Brother 03-20-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimateduelist (Post 2141335)

I honestly don't see why not. He ain't underage, and would you want to punish someone who entered a wrong dob 5 years ago? Seems quite extreme and useless to me.

hornyyoungslut 03-20-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Brother (Post 2142075)
I honestly don't see why not. He ain't underage, and would you want to punish someone who entered a wrong dob 5 years ago? Seems quite extreme and useless to me.

Yeah, I thought that it really didn't matter either. But his account was built with an underage user. He broke the rules when he first started getDare, and broke them up until almost 2 years ago. He is 19 now, and was not eligible for the site until his 18th birthday, which was a year, maybe a bit more, ago. All the other years that he was on getDare, he was a minor, pretending to be over the age of 18. It's not fair that he is not penalized to some extent. Maybe a temporary ban?

Rachie 03-20-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornyyoungslut (Post 2142129)
Yeah, I thought that it really didn't matter either. But his account was built with an underage user. He broke the rules when he first started getDare, and broke them up until almost 2 years ago. He is 19 now, and was not eligible for the site until his 18th birthday, which was a year, maybe a bit more, ago. All the other years that he was on getDare, he was a minor, pretending to be over the age of 18. It's not fair that he is not penalized to some extent. Maybe a temporary ban?

5 years ago the site you only had to be 13 years old to join. (No rule broken there)

The user has not posted any threads asking to be a slave/master (no rules broken there)

Show me WHY i should seriously punish someone for owning up and being honest about there age?

LitDarkness 03-20-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornyyoungslut (Post 2142129)

I agree with Rachie. At least he owned up. He could've continued lying.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimateduelist (Post 2141335)

See above.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Brother (Post 2142075)

I agree. What's the point of that? What do they learn? To not be honest next time they make a mistake.

hornyyoungslut 03-20-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachie (Post 2142160)
5 years ago the site you only had to be 13 years old to join. (No rule broken there)

The user has not posted any threads asking to be a slave/master (no rules broken there)

Show me WHY i should seriously punish someone for owning up and being honest about there age?

I obviously was not here 5 years ago to know the rules of that time period. If he has not broken any rules, then he shouldn't be penalized. But I thought he broke a rule, therefore I should he should be penalized. Just my thoughts.