getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lots of guests (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1420)

Musty 21 03-18-2007 04:42 PM

Lots of guests

When i posted this there was 5 members and 20 guests. If all the guest got a account we would be huge. It is also kinda annoying at times that they can see what we are posting and the only diffrence from having an account and not is that you can post and pm. If you ask me the following Threads should be account holders only.

slave/master, msn, truth or dare stories

if you have any thing else or just comments please post here

Glutgod 03-18-2007 05:58 PM

Yes I posted a fourm like this, but recently I've noticed a lot of the guest are slurp spiders or something from google.

Manbearpig 03-18-2007 06:23 PM

I do not know if it is true on this forum but on another forum i run i checked the IP log and a lot of it was the same user switching from page to page because it was the same IP address

Musty 21 03-18-2007 06:29 PM

but wat about the private forums? wat u think about that?

depp=noob=lol 03-19-2007 09:09 AM

i want to have the TORD online and the Slave/Master forum Private, because there are many emailadresses on that pages and ppl who want to use it for spam have easy acces this way!

depp 03-19-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by depp=noob=lol (Post 8501)
i want to have the TORD online and the Slave/Master forum Private, because there are many emailadresses on that pages and ppl who want to use it for spam have easy acces this way!

If you don't want your e-mail to be spidered use the PM system and set the PM alerts to arrive via e-mail.

depp 03-19-2007 06:49 PM

Also for those that do not know, you can see what every guest is doing at the below URL:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/online.php

It's often more than one page so you have to click "next" to see everything. Spiders often view the forums in odd ways. Almost all web spiders are identified by this page.

depp=noob=lol 03-20-2007 05:14 AM

just a question to you depp:

will the site be slower (to load) when there are too much bots? it is just something that bothers me.

Powerstrip 03-20-2007 12:19 PM

To hide your email, but keep it open write it differently instead of the actual thing. People do not search websites for emails, they program bots to constantly look for email addresses.

So for example if your email address was:

[email protected]

then write it instead like this:

James_Bond [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] net

or add bogus parts in eg:

[email protected]ELETETHISBIT

Even if a bot does pick up the email, it is wrong as it will take the entire line, not understanding the deletethisbit part.

depp=noob=lol 03-20-2007 02:02 PM

it is not that i have problems with it, but ppl could abuse it and i think that registering will prevent it a bit.

cheesy dude 03-20-2007 02:03 PM

thats a good idea powerstrip. Because msn messenger things like smaterchild and stuff add you that way dont they?

depp=noob=lol 03-20-2007 02:16 PM

i think the best way to hide your email for non members and bots is too set your email in your profile (guests and bots cant visit that) and every time when you want to tell your email say SEE PROFILE instead.

Powerstrip 03-20-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by depp=noob=lol (Post 8641)
i think the best way to hide your email for non members and bots is too set your email in your profile (guests and bots cant visit that) and every time when you want to tell your email say SEE PROFILE instead.

I've just been lurking as a guest and you are able to look at your profile and get your MSN and Yahoo emails.

So best to stick to PMs or follow my advice :)

chain 03-20-2007 02:48 PM

We aren't imposing new rules on the forum, especially on this topic since you can't win. If you make the Slave/Master section viewable only to members, registrations would severely go down. If we force people not to leave contacting options in that section, and only do it via PM, it would make it much harder on you guys....so everything is staying the same.

Glutgod 03-20-2007 03:09 PM

Yea I guess, but I still like the pm way a bit.