getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ad Testing in the Forums (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1225)

depp 02-23-2007 01:41 AM

Ad Testing in the Forums

I've been playing around with different advertising options here in the forums (as always). The line between acceptable and annoying is thin so I really want feedback if you notice anything. My tests started three days ago and include ad formats that integrate into the content. Chances are you will not notice them much (if at all).

Do you ever see any ads in the forums? Do they bother you? Are my current efforts going to far.

Don't let my ruin the site, give feedback. Also don't hesitate to PM me your concerns. I do listen to everyone. :D

Shawn 02-23-2007 08:54 AM

Don't like the "Continue to the site" ads, other than that Im fine with what else I've seen ;)

cheesy dude 02-23-2007 09:57 AM

dont have a lue im afraid, i havnt seen any at all... are the miniscule? do i need to zoom in tons to see them? if so your doing a great job of keeping the forums almost adless.

Dare861 02-23-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn (Post 7034)
Don't like the "Continue to the site" ads, other than that Im fine with what else I've seen ;)

Agreed. Those are very annoying. i haven't seen anything else though..

Newbman 02-24-2007 08:37 AM

I agree, I dislike sites with those "click here to go to the site" ads

scoop 02-24-2007 10:26 AM

I saw one of them it was alright.

Manbearpig 02-24-2007 11:20 AM

i have seen a few, just a minor nuicance but i think we can all live with it

nina 02-25-2007 02:36 PM

I didn't really mind the ads.

TrekBoy008 02-25-2007 03:04 PM

Is there a way for you to replace the "Continue to site" ads with other types of ads such as banners?

depp 02-26-2007 01:23 AM

Currently the only ads running are interstitials. They are supposed to display after viewing about 5 pages and only at a rate of once per day (I am told this occasionally is higher). I really hate banner ads on forums and thought this might be a better option for us. Especially because they don't display right away and when they do don't get shown again.

cheesy dude 02-26-2007 12:39 PM

ye but for users (me not 1 of them) with dial up these ads could play havok. They would take ages to load and ages to get back to normal.

I speak for all those with dial up! (patriotic music in background*and maybe the odd flag*)

i know i hated dial up and ads like this drove me mad. it lags like everything u do.

depp=noob=lol 02-27-2007 07:40 AM

@ cheesy dude, there arent much ppl who have dial up, most ppl have a fast internet connection

ontopic: altough i dont like advertorials, but if you need it, depp, to pay off the site then, we have to accept it, it is a pity but we dont have a choice i guess, but remember this bfr setting more ads, ads scare ppl off your site. it always happen....

depp 02-27-2007 11:16 PM

I think people can handle one ad per day. That is what this really is. Most forums I see are covered in ads. In contrast, the forums here have always had unobtrusive advertising. The money from the ads on getDare always go back into the site. PM me if your interested to know more about the costs that go into this site.

I will carefully look over all my options after I get a chance to look at the results of my test.

Glutgod 03-27-2007 07:41 PM

I havn't really noticed any adds. Other then slup spiders in the whos online? thing but I don't think thats a ad.

Musty 21 03-27-2007 08:27 PM

adds? wat adds? the only adds i see is the add on the random dare/truth thingy