getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Warning to KIK users (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=245033)

Laura.V 12-21-2015 04:55 PM

Warning to KIK users

Hello,

Recently i have had contact with someone on KIK calling themselves Master Joe this person found me on GetDare and then proceeded to try blackmailing me by telling me he would hack my facebook account if i did not send him nude photos, i have blocked and reported him but it did concern me... so for future reference be mindful of who you speak to on KIK, and do not click suspicious links

JohnS12 12-21-2015 04:58 PM

Thanks for the warning

HypnoSlaveBitchBoi 12-21-2015 05:14 PM

Thank you :3 :3:33

smite2001 12-22-2015 12:04 AM

Thanks for the warning.
As general advise on blackmailing: never ever send nudes, no matter what that person threatens you with. Even if he already has nudes of you. Sending more nudes will definitely not make him go away, but only escalate things further.

lollypopcookie 05-08-2016 09:35 AM

He did the same thing to me he is still at it I didn't send him more but I'm afraid he might post them to my Facebook I don't know what to do if he post the ones I did send I'm screwd

sluttywedgieslave 05-08-2016 09:39 AM

met that same guy exactly the same way. honest to god he can't do shit

lola.fox 05-08-2016 10:12 AM

we've had this issue before but don't know his gd username. the "facebook link" he sends you routes to your own facebook page no matter which account you use- he doesn't actually have your facebook name. it's a sneaky little trick so that it looks like he found you, when it's just basically a home page link. try logging out of your facebook account before clicking the link and your page won't pop up if you'd like to be sure. don't give this person your information or photos if he sends you a facebook link - he doesn't actually have any valid personal info on you.

cloudness 05-08-2016 03:18 PM

Facebook generally cannot be hacked by People, inless it's someone who is very skilled in hacking, and I highly doubt them sort of people would be on getdare, it was most likely a bluff, to try and force his way with you, its cool you blocked him, I'm presuming with the mods investigating this, and this user been on getdare, the mods or admins could report his actions? o.o

2bchew 05-08-2016 03:26 PM

Does anybody know if he was actually on this site?

Laura.V 05-15-2016 11:30 AM

Glad i got the message out there

To the poster before me, i would assume he is on here as i only use my kik for getdare, and is jot posted anywhere else

LitDarkness 05-15-2016 12:53 PM

I would assume he is on here, 2bchew, but there is a chance it is just a lurker.

It could be, people's kiks here are easily accessible. Mostly, in their signatures. I noticed, he only targets females, it seems.

The suggestion would be just to block anything suspicious.

I'm sure after all the warnings other users have put, he will try a new trick with a new kik soon.

So, don't trust something suspicious is my advise.

Never send nudes to a threatening message, that only makes the situation worse. (It isn't worth it too.)

And like Lola said, he doesn't have valid proof.

InnoTheFox 05-15-2016 10:47 PM

Not too long ago I had someone message me asking if I was looking to be their pet.

When I asked what their username was on Getdare, they responded that they had found it on a site where kik usernames are listed as well as a small profile... Someone must have posted my kik, just another thing worth mentioning.

WhatLisaWants 05-16-2016 08:13 AM

He has tried this with me too. As I haven't posted my kik anywhere but here, it's certain he has been on this site. I clicked on the link as I didn't believe him. I just wanted to check. He could never have found my fb as there is absolutely nothing on here that would give him any hint of how to find me.
I didn't get my own fb homepage though, and told him I didn't see anything.
It only said that the page is not found and could have been removed.
He became very frustrated and told me to click it again and again. I didn't do that and said if he really was on my fb page, he should send a screenshot and I'll believe him. But because he indeed used that trick, he wasn't actually able to send a screenshot and became more frustrated and told me again to click the link. That's when I reported and blocked him.
So ladies, no fear. He's just an asshole who found a trick and apparently doesn't have the patience to build up a trust bond and getting nudes anyway.

rippedrooster 05-16-2016 12:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up! The more people who know about this kind of nonsense the easier it will be to root them out.

cbtslave999 05-16-2016 12:18 PM

Yet another reason I do not use kik

I keep all kink off my phone, just doesn't seem safe, especially if you are trying to keep it private. I know computers aren't all that safe either, that's why I don't put any valid info of mine on the computer.

I use my phone for facebook and anything that I don't mind the world seeing me do, and my computer is my playtoy with little to no info of myself on it. I wont even use my wifi on my phone, just so the two are not connected in anyway.

Might be a tad overboard, but I like to be as cautious as possible and still have fun online. :)