getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   getDare server migrated (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=350967)

depp 09-19-2018 08:27 AM

getDare server migrated

Hey all,

The site went down for a couple hours early this morning while getDare was migrated to a new server. Things look okay to me at the moment but if something is broken today that worked yesterday, please post it here so I can investigate.

Why move servers? Well, getDare is on some super outdated software and we needed to do this migration so that we even had the ability to upgrade. No timelines or details to share now. Please just let me know if anything is broken.

depp 09-19-2018 07:56 PM

One more update!

I've JUST NOW updated the version of the language that getDare runs on, so we can do some more updates soon. If you notice anything weird after this point, let me know.

Everill 09-20-2018 07:49 AM

:( I'll miss the old look of this site. Takes me back to the old days of the internet.

Bloxo 09-20-2018 08:46 AM

Always exciting to modernise...new features in the forum could allow more more activity with games, more options...and a slicker look.

Can't wait to see what the future holds :)

Don't get me wrong, this site has been very cool over the years, but the thought it could be even better going forward is exciting!

Depp...any hints as to what may change in terms of functionality in the future?

Butterfly 09-20-2018 08:25 PM

My subscriptions seem to be changed and instead of getting emails at 1 am, they seem to be flooding my inbox throughout the day.

andrew_b 09-20-2018 10:47 PM

Has this affected the AMA threads?

lola.fox 09-21-2018 05:33 AM

the top stats page doesnt work but all the other stats do, a little strange but not urgent :rolleyes:

PrincessJessica 09-21-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 3432675)
Has this affected the AMA threads?

I don't think so unless I'm missing something.AMA threads are under Truth or Dare now (just lower down on the forum list).

I've been having issues uploading pictures. I've tried clearing my cache, logging in & out, using Firefox & Opera and adding to old/new albums but every time I get a

Quote:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
It seems pictures have been uploaded since the upgrade though. Just me?

lola.fox 09-21-2018 08:51 AM

i saw no issue with the ama threads either, i was assuming they just didnt notice the new order of the forums?

i was able to upload a tester photo but it did take a very long time, so i’m wondering if maybe it timed out for you and that’s why it had that strange error.

PrincessJessica 09-21-2018 01:53 PM

Hmm tried again and was still getting the same thing or a much plainer error message "Upload of file failed" if I tried with only 1 image.

However, I then reduced the image size so the file was much smaller (but still above GetDare's stated max size) and voila. I was trying to upload a 4000 x 3000 image that's nearly 3MB, so small in modern terms but clearly too much for the server's today. Maybe it'll fix itself in a few days or I'll have to get used to compressing before uploading. Thanks for checking the system still works Lola!

Sam~ 09-22-2018 03:03 PM

Getdare as a whole seems to be quite a bit slower lately when posting or editing posts. I mean it could be something my end, just not noticed other sites being slower.

RiskyFlame 09-23-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam~ (Post 3434328)
Getdare as a whole seems to be quite a bit slower lately when posting or editing posts. I mean it could be something my end, just not noticed other sites being slower.

My pages load slower than normal as well. And I'm unable to use the (advanced) search feature. Does anyone else experience this problem too?

Lacram 09-23-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiskyFlame (Post 3435016)
My pages load slower than normal as well. And I'm unable to use the (advanced) search feature. Does anyone else experience this problem too?

The site does feel slower, takes the server almost three seconds to respond sometimes. Also, try and search for some less popular keywords - "edge" runs into a 500, "test" goes through. Probably some kind of timeout or overflow.

Edit: Yeah, posting and editing takes forever.

Happy Me 09-23-2018 01:26 PM

I definitely noticed it was super slow today.

imakward 09-23-2018 02:21 PM

it is slow,i noticed it this morning but i thought it was my internet,but its doing it all day