getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are you embarrassed about being a member of this site? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=349185)

Bloxo 08-25-2018 02:47 PM

Are you embarrassed about being a member of this site?

Hey all,
Okay...before this post is taken the wrong way! I love this site, I feel it provides an incredible community, helps a lot of people to grow and others to fulfil their needs...so I am not knocking this site!
Yes it's not perfect, but show me something better out there!

This thread is born out of curiosity, most users here post quite anomalously, using pretend images, perhaps even lying about certain details of themselves...let's be honest, a lot of the stuff discussed on here is rather taboo...and there are many people out there that would judge us for liking it...

But how do you really feel? How would you react if people you knew found out about your involvement in this site?
Have you ever stumbled upon someone you knew in real life here?

(Apologies if this thread has been done before...I'm sure it must have at some point, but haven't seen anything like this in recent months!)

amethyst353 08-25-2018 02:58 PM

I am very open about my kinks with my friends, but I always refer to "an online kink forum." For some reason, I want to keep this a special place just for me. I may tell stories about what I do to certain friends, but I want it to remain told by me and not witnessed by them.

Truckernaut42 08-25-2018 03:25 PM

I'm not personally embarrassed or ashamed, but I don't think the people in my life would look at me the same knowing I'm on here so I keep it secret.

poetrylover828 08-25-2018 06:04 PM

I wouldn't want a family member to find me on here, but I don't mind friends knowing (actually a few do know).

Jaro 08-25-2018 08:47 PM

Nobody knows I'm here and I intend to keep it that way.
Most people are very judgemental and they would think I'm a perverted freak.
Because I actually think of myself as a perverted freak often. Maybe I shouldn't but I do.

suballyzon 08-25-2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaro (Post 3404017)
Nobody knows I'm here and I intend to keep it that way.
Most people are very judgemental and they would think I'm a perverted freak.
Because I actually think of myself as a perverted freak often. Maybe I shouldn't but I do.

Aww I sometimes feel the same too! Don't worry. Nobody's freak :)

Only one of my closest friends knows I'm here. She's quite understanding of my kinky side and the only one that doesn't see me as a freak.

elf_ears 12-14-2018 08:36 AM

I'm not ashamed or embarrassed about using this site but I enjoy the anonymity. I have friends that are open to kink that I would be happy to share with the fact that I am on here but I wouldn't want to interact with them here as I would not want it to alter their opinion of me.

Pet Ra 12-14-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckernaut42 (Post 3403853)
I'm not personally embarrassed or ashamed, but I don't think the people in my life would look at me the same knowing I'm on here so I keep it secret.

This.
Only two people know about my kinks and that I'm here.

Blue Fox 12-16-2018 04:08 PM

Several friends know of several of my kinks, but none know all. And none know I am on here.

EmmaLang 12-17-2018 06:31 AM

Many of my friends know I am a member of this site and other adult sites, I do not try and hide it all all.