getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   hello from MondoPondo (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1530)

MondoPondco 03-27-2007 10:33 AM

hello from MondoPondo

Hi

Looking at your stats and saw a fair few hits from getdare.com so thought we would come and check it out. Why didn't we find you guys earler!

MondoPondo is a game for handhelds and PCs. Its a quiz game for adults with loads of Truth or dares.

Its all done using this cool custom engine, its for 2 to 9 players and gets great reviews.

We would be willing to make it open source if we could get the support - and where better to get this support than this forum:)

Anyone want to help?

http://www.mondopondo.com

Email me "mat at yadabyte dot com if interested:)

Thanks very much

Mat

cheesy dude 03-27-2007 11:06 AM

locked until depp looks/ allows/disalows this post

depp 03-27-2007 01:48 PM

Looks very cool. I myself don't have the time to help but I am sure somebody might be interested around here. I know there are at least a few talented coders who lurk here.

Glutgod 03-27-2007 07:33 PM

Yea I would be fine with helping you it looks fun too.

Musty 21 03-27-2007 08:23 PM

how "code savy" do you need to be?

depp=noob=lol 03-28-2007 07:54 AM

@ mondopondo

wouldnt it be great to have it in different languages? maybe in german, french, dutch.....???

MondoPondco 03-28-2007 01:41 PM

Hi again

please email me at mat at yadabyte dot com if interested:) Really are serious about making this open source:)

Mat

Glutgod 03-28-2007 01:56 PM

Yea will do but what should we say when we E-mail?

depp 03-28-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glutgod (Post 10080)
Yea will do but what should we say when we E-mail?

I would imagine a good e-mail would include some links to stuff you have worked on and a short synopsis of your skills.

Musty 21 03-28-2007 07:13 PM

Once i finish my "Surprise" for getdare i'll show him that :D

MondoPondco 03-29-2007 01:13 PM

Hi Folks

I dunno... maybe say somthing like this in your email:

"
Hi

MondoPondo looks great and I would love to help out in making it open soucre and a really great platform for smart, funny, sexy and creative dares and truths.

Here is my skill set....

Thanks very much

(Your name here)"
"

Perhaps thats a tad lack lustre? How about:

"
Dear Makers of MondoPondo

It is with great anticipation that I write to you, for it has been brought to my attention that you hold in your collective hands the key to a free, open source and delectable mechanism for the continued production of the unified quiz/truth/dare entertainment system, known as MondoPondo, including all source and content.

This I graciously offer unto thee my interest in joining in such a project for the betterment of mankind, especially the leisure based substrata.

Fondest regards,
Thanks very much

(Your name here)"

If thats not your style you could maybe try:

"Yo yo yo word up Dawg,

I here you have in your conceptual vacinity de promulgation o' de matter o' fact for der game MondoPondo.

If this be de case den I would like to lay down my erudition and excitement fur de further acceleration of the mondopondo facination across de nation,

Dast ist gut!

(Your name here)
"

Or choose your own theme. We don't really need programmers we need keenness and smart people who can do all the other stuff.

Over to you,

Mat

Musty 21 03-29-2007 05:37 PM

what the "Other stuff" i'm awsome at some "Other stuff"

xdressslave 03-29-2007 08:23 PM

Wow!

I remember finding MondoPondo years ago, when I was just getting involved in the tord scene! Amazing they approached getDare.

Depp, hats off to you!

Glutgod 03-29-2007 08:54 PM

Lol while looking for a good TorD place I came across mondopondo, plus thats funny your last style.

By the way, mat at yadabyte dot com is this what we email it to or is there no spaces and instead of dot have a . and instead of at have @? Yea probly but I was just wondering.

Musty 21 03-30-2007 10:37 AM

Is anyone helping him? Well I guess i'll send him an email later.