getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your Religious Views? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=42930)

Ninjota 03-08-2010 11:30 PM

Your Religious Views?

Since this is a touchy subject, i thought i would dedicate a totally new post to it. Everyone has different beliefs. I would like to hear what everyone believes in, without any hostile comments.

I'll start:

I have Taoist philosophies, which means i am open to help everyone. I read the Tao Te Ching, which is the book by which i draw my morals from. HOWEVER:

I am a Pagan, Enkian to be exact.

I believe in multiple Gods and Godesses.

Some of the Major Gods/Goddesses are

Enki: The god of life and water
Enlil: The god of wind
Inanna: The Godess of love
Ki: Godess of earth

So what are your beliefs?

Please explain in a civil manner!

BettyBoop 03-09-2010 01:10 AM

I am Christian.
And I don't really want to return to this thread as I feel like a debate is going to happen which I don't care for.

Ninjota 03-09-2010 01:15 AM

No, no debates, just curiosity as to what everyone believes in :)

I respect everyone's personal decision, and i would ask everyone else to as well.

BettyBoop 03-09-2010 01:17 AM

Most of the debates on here are never planned or wanted. (:
It might not happen. I'm just staying out of it.

softeyes 03-09-2010 01:20 AM

i'd say i believed in something, and i'd say i was christian, but i'd also say that i'm very relaxed about it.

i guess i just like the thought of not being alone. :)

Dutch 03-09-2010 02:24 AM

Hmm..

I dont exclude any of the major religions, I think all of them hold part of the answer. Mostly, I'd say im a christian but very relaxed about it.

I also believe time doesnt exist, it is created by our minds. Thats why race drivers say that if they crash, it seems to take forever.

Mere 03-09-2010 03:53 AM

I am a Christian, yes I believe God will come on Earth, take the good people to the new world and the bad people would be thrown into a lake of fire, and will have to burn for eternity. I used to feel suicidal, but again, ending your life is against Bible, and will have to go and burn in the lake of fire. I am, a little relaxed about everything, but definitely I am a Christian, and I hope God comes back to Earth in my life period..!

Dicedarefan666 03-09-2010 04:06 AM

pretty much everybody knows

I'd like to think I've pretty well established myself in this community as the local atheist d-bag.

I believe that there is no god, no spirits, no soul and no Santa Claus.

bdsm_Ma5t3r 03-09-2010 04:27 AM

I do not consider it a religion since we do not believe in any spirits, souls, gods, devils etc, but I am an Atheist, a fanatical one.

I can respect all faiths though, and usually do as long as it is not thrown in My face, then it usually starts a debate.

rhode64 03-09-2010 09:38 AM

not religious

not religious as such so live my life as I see fit

greatsayaman 03-09-2010 10:12 AM

I'm agnostic. I believe it's fruitless to live by any belief that can't be proven.
Most people say "the bible is proof!" but what about the Qur'an? Or other holy scriptures? It's not proof enough.
Likewise, atheism is worse. Mostly because all atheists I know (so personal opinion, I guess) like to act like they're better and smarter than everyone else.

I still believe in helping people and doing my best for them, though. I probably follow that belief more closely than many "religious" people do (though that's nothing against the people on this site who are religious, but the millions of people in the world who claim to be religious but like nothing more than to bitch, make things inconvenient for people, and neglect helping people so they can go do somethin' themselves).

I follow my own morals, not morals forced onto me by a promise of eternal happiness or the threat of eternal misery. I believe everyone should be this way, because it seems only natural to help others when they need it, and having morals forced onto you makes you rather conservative in the long run.
And by forcing religion onto people (mainly your children, I mean. Most kids are brought up and told "you're muslim/christian/etc" without getting to choose the "right" religion for themselves). So that, even if religion does exist, you're not going to hell for worshiping a false god you may not have worshiped individually.

Well, that's MY view on religion, in any case. ^^

Slenderman - Doctor 03-09-2010 11:31 AM

I'm not religious. No God, no heaven, no hell, none of that for me.

Simples :)

LiamOnyx 03-09-2010 01:35 PM

i'm a Christian :)

youngmaster123 03-09-2010 01:49 PM

I'm 100% Pastafarian. Don't you tell me that the holy Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't create the Mountains, the Trees and the Midget with his Holy Noodley Appendage. And if you tell me that belief is just ridicculous, and that science disproves it, you're wrong, because each time a physicist takes a measurement or a biologist observes evolution, the FSM is just doing that to trick us into believing silly 'facts'. I also think that Pastafarianism should be taught in schools alongside Evolution and Creationism. My religion should also allow me to dress like a pirate, as otherwise, the spaghetti monster will punish me with his giant meat balls of doom.http://reporting.journalism.ku.edu/f...mb-514x514.jpg

I'm sorry, I just had to do that :P

pandy 03-09-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngmaster123 (Post 244894)
I'm 100% Pastafarian. Don't you tell me that the holy Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't create the Mountains, the Trees and the Midget with his Holy Noodley Appendage. And if you tell me that belief is just ridicculous, and that science disproves it, you're wrong, because each time a physicist takes a measurement or a biologist observes evolution, the FSM is just doing that to trick us into believing silly 'facts'. I also think that Pastafarianism should be taught in schools alongside Evolution and Creationism. My religion should also allow me to dress like a pirate, as otherwise, the spaghetti monster will punish me with his giant meat balls of doom.http://reporting.journalism.ku.edu/f...mb-514x514.jpg

I'm sorry, I just had to do that :P

Sir, I would like to apply for membership into your church. I see no logic which can refute its principles.