getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth or Dare Stories (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   [Fiction] It Started at Camp (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=100236)

shynessincarnate 02-22-2012 04:26 PM

It Started at Camp

Hi everyone!

Well I had promised something new and here it is!

This time around, I decided to do some collaborative writing with a user that interacted lots on my last story: SeeNaked.

We will be writing the story with posts about a week apart. For the first few posts, we only ask of you that you read and give feedback (though if you want to rate the story, that would be awesome *big grin*). We were thinking of granting you a more participative role in the story at one point, however and, following the format used on Kristy's new school, have you vote for the direction you want the story to continue in.

We really hope you will enjoy your read!

Shy & SeeNaked

SeeNaked 02-22-2012 04:38 PM

It Started at Camp - First Post

Crystal Highlands Camp, a vast, 500 acre expanse of beautiful forest and meadow, set in the rolling hills outside of Redmond, could certainly be called the center of summer activities for the majority of the state. It opened in late May, rain or shine, after nearly six months of preparation by the staff members that both lived and worked on site, and closed the last day of August.

Schools for miles in every direction signed up kids by the dozens to go there during specialty camps that catered to a variety of interests from Horse Camps to Archery and Science. Whole areas of the camp were dedicated to these special groups, while other portions were simply dedicated for families to come at any time and spend the day or rent a cabin for a week and swim, hike or canoe.

August is always their busiest time, besides the very first week of June, when all the Kids are off school. It was quite by chance, then, with a busy as that last time was, that a school group opening appeared for the Female of Redmond High, who had been unable to go at their normal time because of a spell of bad storms which had flooded out their cabins. If they wished to go, they would have to share a campsite with the Male group of students from Redmond, since space was limited, but they were assured that there would be proper privacy.

wedgiegirl290 02-22-2012 10:38 PM

Great start! Thank you shy for beggining a new great story. :)

sm_limb 02-23-2012 03:56 AM

Long time waiting and hoping for a new story from you shy

themasterman 02-23-2012 09:44 PM

i agree i cant wait to read some more

shynessincarnate 02-24-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgiegirl290 (Post 629812)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm_limb (Post 629881)

Quote:

Originally Posted by themasterman (Post 630286)

Yay, feedback already and it has barely just started. I sure hope that the story will live up to your expectations. Though with SeeNaked helping me through, I'm quite certain you guys'll be in for a good read.

Now I know that I said that the posts would be a week apart, but seeing as a few parts are already complete, I thought I'd start off by spoiling you guys and posting the next part right away. Please remember that we are still in the introduction for a few posts; but do not worry, our characters will go through quite a few interesting events, in due time.

shynessincarnate 02-24-2012 06:39 PM

It Started at Camp - Second Post

Zoe had not been thrilled when she'd learned that she would be attending camp during the summer. When she had heard that the section reserved for the girls of her school had been flooded and closed, Zoe had seen a world of opportunities. With her parents gone on a trip to Europe for the better part of August, the girl would have had the house to herself. But that was not going to happen now.

With a sigh, Zoe grabbed her long flowing hair and secured it with the hair elastic she always kept around her wrist. She opened the empty suitcase on her bed and proceeded to unceremoniously stuff the clothing she'd be wearing during her stay at camp. As she finally got through the checklist of suggested items, Zoe flung herself on her bed. A thought occurred as she tilted her head towards her bed-side table. Turning to her side, Zoe let her lightly freckled arm hang over the bed and open the bottom drawer. She quickly removed the neatly folded towel that was clearly visible in the open drawer and unfolded it to reveal a plain black plastic box. 'Perhaps the stay at camp won't be so bad after all', she thought as she expertly refolded the now empty towel before putting it back in its place and closing the drawer. 'Sweetie, are you ready to go?' the girl heard her father call out. 'Just about' she answered before placing the mysterious box in her suitcase and closing it up.

SeeNaked 02-24-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgiegirl290 (Post 629812)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm_limb (Post 629881)

Quote:

Originally Posted by themasterman (Post 630286)

Thanks guys for the feedback already! I have to say that I'm just as excited as you...after all, I'm working with Shy! :D

This promises to be an amazing ride!

SeeNaked 02-24-2012 06:46 PM

It Started at Camp - Third Post

Luke would have rather been doing almost anything than going to camp through the last month of summer vacation. Well, no, he had to take that back, he would rather go to camp than spend the summer on his Grandparents farm. He made a face as he lifted his suitcase and flopped it down on the bed. He took hold of the pair of zippers and pulled them apart and down, opening the case and checking to ensure he had everything. His clothes were folded, packed by his mother, and were tucked together along with a few extras that he had put in, such as his camera and netbook.

Sure that he had everything, he closed the case again, and lifted it from the bed. His hair, blond and a bit shaggy, shifted as he did so, and he lifted a tan hand to brush it back. His phone was quickly slipped from his bedside table into his pocket, and he left the room. His mother would be taking him to the camp, then heading to meet his father at the airport, they were flying to see his grandparents across the country, and probably wouldn't be back before he got back. As he descended the stairs, he decided that if he were going to have to spend the rest of the summer at camp, he would make the best of it, and the best part would be all the girls. Maybe he could figure out a way to have fun while he was there...after all, a boy with a camera and a mind like his own could surely come up with something.

Blue Griffin 02-24-2012 07:19 PM

Mmmm... I smell trouble and daring adventure. :) Can't wait.

themasterman 02-24-2012 08:04 PM

this is the first of i have seen of 2 people writing the same story at the same time i cant wait do you both send each other what your going to write before you post it

sm_limb 02-24-2012 11:34 PM

Love it so far. Cant wait what happens next.

shynessincarnate 02-25-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themasterman (Post 630787)
this is the first of i have seen of 2 people writing the same story at the same time i cant wait do you both send each other what your going to write before you post it

We actually work on GDocs so we can both see what the other person wrote. So far, we've written a couple of parts in advance of those that we have posted, that way, it allows us to adjust if need be before posting here. We also discuss the general direction we want the story to go in but the details remain our concern so even if we both know approximately what the other's going to write, we always have surprises when we actually get to reading the other part. I must say, I am really taking a liking to working this way as it combines two things that I love: writing and reading.

Xrider 02-25-2012 05:44 AM

Very interesting concept. I hope to soon read the following parts. :)

wedgiegirl290 02-25-2012 08:39 AM

Another great chapter!