getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Feature: Thanks! (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=28010)

depp 07-13-2009 09:29 PM

New Feature: Thanks!

The original post of all threads now contains a "Thanks" button. Use this button to thank the thread poster without having to derail the conversation. You can give up to 5 thanks per day.

Coyote 07-13-2009 09:33 PM

So its kinda like rep except only involving 1 post?

LilAngel 07-13-2009 09:33 PM

Oooooooooh. Awesome.

Hmm... now if only I can stick to 5 per day. :rolleyes: I guess I'll have to.

depp 07-13-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote (Post 163590)
So its kinda like rep except only involving 1 post?

Sorta. It's a way to thank thread starters without having to post a reply.

Coyote 07-13-2009 09:36 PM

O so thats what it lookslike

erick92 07-13-2009 11:00 PM

Pretty good feature. Show a person that you appreciate it, when bumping isn't needed. Great idea depp!

maxim 07-13-2009 11:04 PM

Awesome feature LOL..

softeyes 07-14-2009 12:18 AM

neeeaaat :D

now i just wish we had a "boo" button to tell people they made some creap without bumping them. :p

depp 07-14-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erickj92 (Post 163628)
Pretty good feature. Show a person that you appreciate it, when bumping isn't needed. Great idea depp!

While there is a lot of original, custom, and hacked code on getDare that I have written this is not my creation or idea. I do think it is awesome though. :D

busted 07-14-2009 02:23 AM

Cool feature. Maybe you could turn it into the point system thingy that everyone wants. I.e in your profile it would say how many you had recieved in the last week, month, or year or whatever is easiest. Only an idea. I'm personally not that desperate for a point sytem. :)

Slenderman - Doctor 07-14-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realtord (Post 163699)
turn it into the point system thingy that everyone wants

I don't want it :)

And awesome feature Depp! It's pretty much the "like" thing from Facebook, but 'tis awesome :D

Edit: Is there a way to allow this feature to work on all posts. The reason I ask is because I've just gone to my dare threads to basically thank people for leaving positive comments. Yet only the original post can be thanked. Also, is there a way we can view how many thanks we've had?

Hehehe... thanks :D

LilAngel 07-14-2009 05:58 AM

If we get thanks for every post... the forum would get a little cluttered up, I would think.

And if the 'thanks' were counted, it might turn into to a mini-rep thing kinda. Except you can't give uhh.... unthanks.

Anyhoo, nice feature depp. :)

Slenderman - Doctor 07-14-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilAngel (Post 163775)
If we get thanks for every post... the forum would get a little cluttered up, I would think.

And if the 'thanks' were counted, it might turn into to a mini-rep thing kinda. Except you can't give uhh.... unthanks

Not if the thanks were kept personal. Just so you know if someone thanks you, without having to visit your threads. And I know about the cluttering. Is there a way in which a small drop-down could be inserted beneath each post? Or maybe the text could be made smaller? Or lose the names altogether and have it anonymous, therefore stopping anyone abusing the system/making it out to be a competition between people?

Edit: Is there a feature which allows you to view a person's recently thanked threads in their profiles? I'm asking because if you go to someone's profile and see that they've recently thanked a thread, it could inspire you to check it out and so more good threads would get exposure.

Jus' ideas :)

Powerstrip 07-14-2009 02:29 PM

Thanks!

Oh wait.....that's not how it's meant to be done.....

It's a good feature imho :)

One improvement, maybe on the thread list to have something show it's been thanked maybe even with how many times, as this would show a clear way of people seeing good posts.

Slenderman - Doctor 07-14-2009 02:39 PM

Ooooooh, never mind about my posts.

If you go to your profile and click "Statistics", you can find all your thanks information there. Just found it, yay :)