getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your online behaviour (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=38587)

Antiperson 01-03-2010 06:25 PM

Your online behaviour

This occurred to me after a conversation with someone online...each of us has a different amount of information we're comfortable with handing out.

So, how much information are you happy to give to someone you've only just met online?

(this isn't meant to be an excuse to invite lots of PMs asking for that information!)

mijman 01-03-2010 06:37 PM

If it was somebody on here, I could tell them all of my deepest darkest secrets as they are all fetishs and sexual fantasys,However I wouldn't tell them personal information, for example, my home address, phone numbers, I also would go on cam with somebody ive just met.

softeyes 01-04-2010 12:35 AM

i'm very, very, open on the internet and loves answering questions.. i'm generally a lot less shy and can joke about a lot of serious stuff.. and yeah, generally talk with peopel i barely know about stuff i haven't meantioned to lifelong friends.

but i'd say my limit goes at stupid, i'd never give out information that could be harmful to me in any way to people i don't know.

BettyBoop 01-04-2010 03:39 PM

I'm much more open online, as in I'd tell people thing on getDare I would never say to most people at school.
But I don't tell people where I live or anything like that.

DareByrd 01-04-2010 09:08 PM

basically, as everyone before me has said, i'm an open book when im online, more open than in everyday life even...unless you want my adress, cell phone number, ect. ect.. Seriously i dont need any stalkers, murderers showing up on my doorstep, creepy calls in the middle of the night, nude photos of "jane's" cock, blah blah blah. basically u never know who your really talkin to on these things. be carefull ppl. :)
wow reading over that it sounds sorta like a rant...lol sry

Mailak 01-05-2010 05:15 AM

Pretty much what has already been said. Im a very open person on the internet, So will tell anyone pretty much anything, except Address, phone number bank details etc etc

Star Shadows 01-05-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop (Post 219768)
I'm much more open online, as in I'd tell people thing on getDare I would never say to most people at school.
But I don't tell people where I live or anything like that.

I think I am similar to you bettyboop, I feel I can talk far more freely with the people on here, (because, and I know this sounds bad, I dont have to spend 30+ hours a week with them in school) I would never tell anyone my address or phone number ect though, and I only give my MSN addy when I have talked to them for a while on here first.

** In regards to not telling people in school about me that went out the window anyway. As my master and boyfriend decided to tell everyone about me being his slave in a huge (and ruddy successful) humiliation tactic.

greatsayaman 01-05-2010 09:54 AM

I'm, honestly, happy with giving out all the information about me, tbh.

It makes no difference to me. :P

Only things I wouldn't tell are ways you can locate me directly (school address, home address, work address once I have one, etc).

Cuffed 01-06-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiperson (Post 219312)
This occurred to me after a conversation with someone online...

So totally not me eh.
And besides I like to be mysterious. :D

Slenderman - Doctor 01-06-2010 09:21 AM

I like to build a character with some mystery.

'Tis why I don't reveal my real name on here. A few people know it but I've asked nicely for it to be kept secret. I prefer usernames, such as Dav and Marvin.

Also, when I say "character", I don't mean I'm fake or pretending to be someone I'm not. What you see on here is totally me, 100%. But I like to throw in extra things to add the Marvin persona (ie, my whole profile page).

I never give out information like my address, number etc.

Katiie 01-06-2010 10:14 AM

i have pics up and people know im in england. i dnt tell strangers anythin.

sweetsong 01-08-2010 11:40 AM

I am completely open everywhere... to people who aren't creepers. :) Be friendly and courteous with me first before you try asking anything too personal.

adnama 01-08-2010 12:14 PM

I always wait awhile to get a feel of a person before I give out anything more than my name and what I like.

heishere 01-08-2010 11:53 PM

The internet is social anonymity, so I'll give up anything (basically) except for personal contact info...but I'm okay with email and internet contacts - but none others.

cute.mistress 01-09-2010 12:25 AM

yeah I'm prty opn on Internet or wherever but I won't say my address or my phone number to anyone just like real life ( lol I'm not a big person on phones I may give u my number but I may never answer )