getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Suggestion Zone (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Replying to thread notification (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=64581)

Madelyne 12-31-2010 05:07 PM

Replying to thread notification

I was wondering if it was at all possible to get a notification, like the ones you get once you recieve a PM, except this one says who replied to your thread, when, and which forum its in, and then maybe a "Click here now" button so you can go to it immediately.

Rachie 12-31-2010 05:18 PM

Agree would be very handy - but if so i would prefer to be able to turn on and off for certain threads etc. As it could get annoying to people with many threads or get loads of replies.

myself gets about 10-14 per day average so it could be annoying. But would be handy on some of the other threads that recieve few rarely.

Love Rachie
x x x

Star Shadows 12-31-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shavedrachel (Post 376737)
Agree would be very handy - but if so i would prefer to be able to turn on and off for certain threads etc. As it could get annoying to people with many threads or get loads of replies.

myself gets about 10-14 per day average so it could be annoying. But would be handy on some of the other threads that recieve few rarely.

Love Rachie
x x x

I agree with you I think it would be a good idea to be able to turn off some. like my dr who thread.

softeyes 01-01-2011 02:17 AM

This would be neat for peopel with a lot of interesting threads, aka, not me. P: But go for it. (:

I myself would like a notification if someone commented on a picture you yourself had commented on. >.<

Slenderman - Doctor 01-01-2011 01:02 PM

I myself would like a notification if someone commented on a picture you yourself had commented on. >.<

This. Or, even better, maybe a notification when you get comments on your blog.

Maybe it's just me, OP, but I sometimes go through my own threads anyway to see the latest so I wouldn't use the "thread posting notification feature".

BettyBoop 01-01-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 377270)
it's just me, OP, but I sometimes go through my own threads anyway to see the latest so I wouldn't use the "thread posting notification feature".

Yeah it's the same for me, I just check my threads before and click last page on the unread ones. I'm not if this is possible or necessary.

NotRemember1 01-02-2011 02:56 PM

What about a checkmark for threads you want notified for? Example, "Check this box if you want notifications for replies."

muffinfairy 01-02-2011 06:01 PM

Above the first post if you click Thread Tools and then Subscribe to this Thread doesn't it basically do that already? Just by email and not under Your Notifications on the site?

LilAngel 01-02-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffinfairy (Post 378190)
Above the first post if you click Thread Tools and then Subscribe to this Thread doesn't it basically do that already? Just by email and not under Your Notifications on the site?

This is correct. Alternatively for the lazier members, you could go to User CP at the top right and corner of each page, click on 'Edit Options' and scroll down until you see 'Default Thread Subscription Mode'. Simply switch from 'Do not subscribe' to your preferred email frequency. :)