getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Getting logged out randomly (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=353909)

Everill 11-03-2018 08:05 AM

Getting logged out randomly

Is anyone else getting the problem where they're logged out randomly.
I used to get logged out while changing wifi networks which I understand was on my part but now it seems to be more random and without me doing anything, was just wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

Bloxo 11-03-2018 08:08 AM

I always seem to be logged in...I never leave haha, well at least whenever I use the phone or the laptop I'm auto-logged in :)

DaVance 11-03-2018 09:38 AM

As a matter of fact, this has been happening to me for about two months. I could just be browsing the forums and reading random posts and all of a sudden, I find out I am no longer logged in. This never happened the previous eleven years and almost three years with the same laptop. I don't troubleshoot computers so I have no idea if it is the website, the laptop, or the internet browser. It happens on both getDare and Kinktalk but not a single other site I log into.

I started clicking the 'Remember Me' box next to the login and I stay logged in. Probably not a fix but I never had to do that before.

:confused::confused::confused:

Butterfly 11-03-2018 11:34 AM

Mine will do that if I do not click the "remember me" box when I log in.

ShyExhibitionist 11-03-2018 03:11 PM

Yeah, it started about a week or so ago. I've been trying to browse around and for some reason I get logged out. For some reason I stay logged in on my phone (but I don't like to post from my phone).

LegLuvr 11-03-2018 03:15 PM

Indeed, it’s slightly getting on my nerves now, it started for me about a week ago and whenever I go to reply to threads, it has logged me out by the time I click ‘submit reply’.

Jerichohol1c 11-03-2018 04:58 PM

I haven't had that happen here, but it happened on KT. Kind of glad to know it's happening to other users as well.

I've noticed some issues with double posting here though, where it will actually make your post if you quick reply, but also bring up the full reply window telling you to wait 15 seconds or so.

MasterMichaelNY 11-03-2018 11:41 PM

You have to do the "remember me", when you first sign in. All the time, especially if your browser cleans your history for you.

Also if you ever type a long post, always, again ALWAYS, copy it. If for some reason you get logged out, you can log back in, and then paste your reply. I learned that one the hard way.

TracyLindsay 11-04-2018 04:55 AM

It can happens because of VPN

TracyLindsay 11-04-2018 11:05 AM

I tested it a abit. It logs off very often when vps is on. But it also logs off after being logged with no activity for some longer time e.g. writing a long post - server is not getting any network packets in this time. I suppose that it's server's mechanism to avoid overload or it is just an uninteded bug.

Happy Me 11-04-2018 11:56 AM

I use the "remember me" box and have never been logged out.

pixie.dust 11-04-2018 02:49 PM

I agree with butterfly and Happy Me... if you click on the "remember me" at log in it should fix the problem.

-little alexis

MrCharcol 11-04-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaVance (Post 3474728)
As a matter of fact, this has been happening to me for about two months. I could just be browsing the forums and reading random posts and all of a sudden, I find out I am no longer logged in. This never happened the previous eleven years and almost three years with the same laptop. I don't troubleshoot computers so I have no idea if it is the website, the laptop, or the internet browser. It happens on both getDare and Kinktalk but not a single other site I log into.

I started clicking the 'Remember Me' box next to the login and I stay logged in. Probably not a fix but I never had to do that before.

:confused::confused::confused:

I small glad it's not just me, but this is the least of my worries or issues with GD at the moment

pixie.dust 11-05-2018 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCharcol (Post 3476165)
I small glad it's not just me, but this is the least of my worries or issues with GD at the moment

what is your biggest worries/issues?

-little alexis

fieldman 12-08-2018 11:46 AM

This happens constantly to me too. Very annoying.