getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Dares (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Football (Soccer) Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=58943)

footballdare 10-18-2010 01:24 PM

Football (Soccer) Dare

Hello all, I've had an idea.

Each week I will chose 4 random matches, one from England, One from the rest of the UK and Ireland, one from a major foreign league, and one from a minor foreign league. It is up to you to guess the results of the games, and you will be given a number of points depending on how close you are.
3 points for correct score
2 points for correct result (draws not included) and margin of win
1 point for correct result.
Whoever has the most points each week wins, and gets to give the losers a dare. Have Fun.

This is not a sign up dare (If you know what I mean), but If you are interested please post below as if there is less than 5 or so people interested I wont do it, also, when you do post, please put who your favourite team is (if you have one) as I may make punishments for getting your teams result wrong worse than normal.

Sorry if that dragged on a bit, but let me know if you are interested, and have fun.

In:
Me-Exeter-England-League 1
The Evil Porlo- Chelsea-England-Premier League
wedgied- Bournemouth-England- League 1
mattreferee1- Cambridge -BSP/ West Brom EPL
dare luke-Tottenham Hotspurs-England-Premier League
Juggernaut Lloyd- Liverpool-EPL/Weston -BSS
Blackjack-Newcastle-England-English Premier League
Naughty Nicole-Canada
sfinx-Anderlecht-Belgium/ Arsenal
xmetalmilitiax-Arsenal-EPL
samtheshrew-Shrewsbury-England-L2
daredare1-Middlesborough- England-Championship

The Evil Porlo 10-18-2010 01:31 PM

Yeh sounds good, favourite team is Chelsea. Do we need to guess the actual score or just who wins?

footballdare 10-18-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Evil Porlo (Post 343116)
Yeh sounds good, favourite team is Chelsea. Do we need to guess the actual score or just who wins?

Guess the actual score, but the punishment for right winner wrong score isnt as bad as the one for both wrong.

wedgied 10-18-2010 01:56 PM

well I know absolutely nothing about football but my favourate team is... you choose, but please tell me (dont make it to bad) ;) I am going to be doing this on truly luck alone so...

footballdare 10-18-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgied (Post 343129)
well I know absolutely nothing about football but my favourate team is... you choose, but please tell me (dont make it to bad) ;) I am going to be doing this on truly luck alone so...

Nice one, lets say your a Bournemouth fan, theyre a good top of the table team .

wedgied 10-18-2010 02:06 PM

ok...

could i suggest you make a list in the origanal post that says who has joined and thier fave team.

footballdare 10-18-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgied (Post 343135)
ok...

could i suggest you make a list in the origanal post that says who has joined and thier fave team.

Won't let me edit it now, and I was going to wait for a couple more people to be in first.

Edit: I lie, maybe it is.

mattreferee1 10-18-2010 03:03 PM

Count me in on this. Should be fun

footballdare 10-18-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattreferee1 (Post 343168)
Count me in on this. Should be fun

Any favourite team, or shall I randomly pick one?

Blackjack 10-18-2010 03:44 PM

I'm in for this, Newcastle are my favourite team.

footballdare 10-18-2010 04:03 PM

I'll choose one random match now from the matches tomorow as a dry run, and post the first proper ones at the weekend, ok?

footballdare 10-18-2010 04:10 PM

Ok, just picked a random match using random.org and the bbc website, and tomorows match is....
Swansea vs QPR
I'm going to say 2-1 to QPR, so get your bets in now please, as I've only set 1 the punishments and rewards will be tame, rememberYou can still join in if you haven't said so yet, but please let me know if you are.

Me: 1-2
Blackjack: 1-1
dare luke: 0-3
wedgied: 2-1
Naughty Nicole: 1-0
sfinx 0-2
mattreferee1 3-2
xmetalmilitiax 2-2
samtheshrew 1-2
daredare1 0-2

Blackjack 10-18-2010 04:16 PM

I'm going for a 1-1 draw :cool:

dare_luke 10-18-2010 04:26 PM

I'm in, my favourite team is actually in League 2 but i'm going to go for Spurs in EPL.

I'm gonna go for 3-0 to QPR for tomorrow.

juggernaut_lloyd 10-18-2010 04:33 PM

defintley doing this , got two team , LIVERPOOL =( and weston super mare