getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   (Unoffical) Get Dare Minecraft server.... (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=413940)

Simi 04-18-2022 07:43 AM

(Unoffical) Get Dare Minecraft server....

A strange concept

Me and puppy were talking recently about wanting to find more people to play minecraft with and it developed into a potentially interesting idea: making a multiplayer survival server for minecraft (Java) and letting loose the people from get dare!

We know we both find playing games more fun with others and thought probably there will be some people here who agree with us.

So What does GetDare have to do with Minecraft?

So this is where the get dare aspect comes in: We can post tasks/challenges for people, minigames with rewards/forfeits in game or kink. Maybe 1 week I post a contest to build the best X and the winner gets a stack of diamonds/a custom task, another week/month someone makes a dungeon which you have to survive…. Basically it will be a place for us to play with one another, in a game which we share. Tasks and dares posted in game - crossposted on the forums - subs/doms generally playing around. But mainly it will be about building and having fun together on a kink friendly server. It will have rules, but they will boil down to don’t troll and respect those around you.

Why am I making this post today?

For now, we are still looking into the background stuff, Locked_Puppy is my tech pet, he will be working on managing the server and setting it up, whereas I will be mostly moderating it and running challenges (and of course playing and making some nonsense too) It will be hosted on a server in Frankfurt, Germany so hopefully decent connections. The server itself is hosting other things, so we’re not looking to go all out there with mods or crazy lag inducing contraptions

but....

If you are interested please let us know and post in here! There is no point us setting this up if no one wants to join us!

The Plan!

We will be keeping the server fairly small to make it easier to manage. This is why we are looking for active get dare members, given the limited capacity to make interactions better for everyone involved. I would love to get a community of people together and have fun/make challenges for one another and just enjoy gaming and playing together :)

The current idea is to have a world download once a new update is released. Reset to a new world. Maybe check who still wants to play, and let others onto the server then, too. We’ll of course have to find out what the max sensible load of players will be. We will also have a discord server to make organising things when playing that bit easier, but posting some things from it back on here as well.

As we will be adding more people even after we have made a server you are welcome to reach out to express interest and we will look at adding more people.

We want to hear from you!

If you are interested put up a post or throw me a DM, anyone is welcome whether you prefer exploring or if you are a builder! Any questions just throw them in here or drop me a message

Additionally if you have any suggestions for us (which don’t include mods, this will be basically vanilla minecraft/maybe a few data packs only) please share them! Even if you don't play minecraft/aren't on the server suggestions for contests, challenges and tasks will still be appreciated

Locked Puppy 04-18-2022 07:46 AM

All our ideas, and your suggestions are of course subject to change.

Sometimes there are dares based around games. Maybe someone gets dared to dig straight down to bedrock. If they die they have to do a forfeit. If they burn, a different forfeit to falling to their death into a cave.

We could allow someone on for a limited time to do this with whitnesses. And then they'd not have any obligations on the server/discord past that.

Would be my first idea for what this can be used for other than the core players who we will hopefully find here.

KinkyHavok 04-18-2022 07:49 AM

I want to join!!

I'm sure you are shocked! 😁

subaddict5 04-18-2022 07:51 AM

I mean, I'm not super experienced at minecraft but I'd love to join. I did dive into it a bit, and this seems like a great way to hone my skills ;)

AngelofDarkness 04-18-2022 07:52 AM

I am definitely in! This Is very exciting.

Leland 04-18-2022 08:02 AM

I didn't play minecraft in many many years but I'd love to give it a try!

dosub 04-19-2022 02:49 AM

Like the idea!

I'm in but don't have much experience in minecraft... more in other minecraft "like" games. But i I should do fine :D

Simi 04-19-2022 04:28 AM

I have just been setting up a little discord server to help us organise this a little better, I will send the invites out in DM to those who have registered interest, most likely due to travelling and pup needing some time to get some server side stuff set up we will probably look into having the server open somewhere between Sunday and Wednesday of next week.

DenialBoy 04-19-2022 04:40 AM

I’d be interested :D

sunset-gd 04-20-2022 04:14 PM

I might not be on much, but I’d like to check it out

DuhhBird 04-20-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBegToBeControlled (Post 4728433)
I want to join!!

I'm sure you are shocked! 😁

Minecraft sounds fun. I definently won't be on often, but let me know how it goes.

@IBegToBeControlled -- Hi, vulnerable forever eh? :D Yeah.. uhhh, maybe vulnerable forever is definently not the case anymore. Thanks for the thread, lots of fun.

Simi 04-20-2022 08:42 PM

I am guessing we will have a fair few just visitors :P which is cool. literally my first build is going to be an inn in the starter area so that guests can claim a bed near what most likely will be a nether hub :)

I like building pretty but i rarely motivate myself when no one is around to check out the server :P so those just wanting to observe will be welcome. Plus anyone who mostly just want to observe can help my come up with challenges and some tasks etc :D I know i at least will be making some minigames in game which those just visiting can join us in, but of course that will take a little while and some building to set up

(oh and with people putting vulnerable forever type messages... i think most people forget those posts after a little while but normally if you DM them you can make the poster squirm some.... and it is always good for ibegtobecontrolled to squirm)

Awememe14 04-21-2022 09:26 AM

I’d love to join this :)))

SageLeech 04-21-2022 07:52 PM

I might be interested. Well, I'm interested but not sure how much time I can free up for it. Hope to hear more.

LessAwful 04-22-2022 01:10 AM

I would love to join this, if nothing else then to build cool stuff :D

Currently pretty busy, but would definitely put in a few hours a week :)

Once summer hits, might be on more depending on how active it ends up being. In any case, great idea!

Simi 04-22-2022 04:00 AM

I am glad to see so many liking the idea :) I will be sending out the first round of invites probably today and then slowly add extras once i have everyone set up (currently making an inn near spawn with bedrooms and supplies for those on the server, until they get a starter base :) I have seen some servers where you just see dirt houses everywhere the first few days and i thought this was a nice way to stagger it, especially as we will have a lot of people just visiting

Unkownuser 04-22-2022 01:06 PM

Would love to join this I usually do builds from youtube tutorials

DiegoSissy 04-22-2022 01:19 PM

want play but the ping will kill me

Kenzee 04-22-2022 02:35 PM

I would love to join. I love building in Minecraft.

SageLeech 04-27-2022 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiegoSissy (Post 4734487)
want play but the ping will kill me

I've been playing on the server. Using Starlink in Oklahoma. After they did some optimization there hasn't been much ping problems. I also hear they are still making improvements. So I would say try it out at the very least, you might love it.

Sgt_Woomy 04-28-2022 12:26 AM

I like your cut G.

*Tacobell*

Foxunit 04-28-2022 07:18 PM

Hi, i would love to join as i love minecraft

Rd2506 04-28-2022 08:04 PM

Sound amazing.. will like to join.. hope i get chance

Simi 04-29-2022 04:15 AM

I'll send out a bunch of discord invites soon. Once there we have a who is who channel and as soon as you put your minecraft name there or in a DM to me on discord I will message out the server address.

Anyone who isn't interested in playing but has suggestions/challenges/dares for those in game please message here :) always looking for more wealth penalties and general tasks :)

Unkownuser 04-29-2022 02:27 PM

The server is really fun and great to play on

Simi 05-09-2022 03:25 PM

So as an update we have a few regular players by now, mostly its us just hanging out and playing minecraft with fellow kinky people (and sometimes while whimpering in voice if you are me :D) We still want more players! seems like we can happily take a fair few more players on.

I have a few projects to make in game before i get to work on some minigame sections and challenges, any builders who care to assist/offer inspiration are very welcome, as well as those who just want to jump in and play.

If you are more likely to just hop in for the odd challenge please get in touch with what sort of things would interest you, I have some plans for a parkour challenge maybe up the side of a volcano..... a timed maze... maybe some running from Ravagers.... In game or kinky rewards for the winners and hopefully some fun for everyone :)

As always if you are interested in joining us either reach out on here or drop me a message and i will send you a link onto the discord :)

Kaiyo 05-11-2022 05:38 AM

Hey,
Was kinda looking into playing minecraft more actively again and working on my nearly non existant building skills XD

would love to join you ^^

Locked Puppy 05-16-2022 07:48 AM

I must say, so far this is a lot of fun. And people are already building some fun things. Also some tasks and dares have been dealt out and reported on. Wouldn't mind getting more of y'all gDers on :)

Some ideas for dares/tasks to give yourself, or others when your on are here:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=414539

pet monkey 05-16-2022 11:55 AM

I love the idea, but was curious how you are handling the privacy issues? Seems like this would cause an intersection between my online kink life with my offline life?

Locked Puppy 05-16-2022 07:16 PM

All we know is your discord, and your minecraft username and UUID, and their IP. And only I know that, and nobody else. Whatever else you share is on you. We have people in voice who only listen and don't speak, but rather type back. You don't need to do tasks, you can also just build and know you are in a non-kink-shamy environment.

I do GDPR stuff for my job as well and genuinely value everybody's right to their data and privacy. Thus I do my best to make certain there is no more data collected than is needed for you to be on the discord server, and use our minecraft server. Plus, in Minecraft 1.19 the Minecraft chat protocol will be encrypted as well.

I doubt you will find many discord servers which actually have a channel dedicated to data privacy and GDPR - ours did from day one.

If you have any specific data privacy concerns, please feel free to DM me about them, too.

wedgielover2002 05-16-2022 08:24 PM

im interested. May I join?

MichelleTheCat2 05-16-2022 10:21 PM

I would love to but I only have bedrock. Can anyone make a bedrock version?

Locked Puppy 05-16-2022 10:39 PM

My login client says if you buy the windows version, you get the Java Edition for free. Maybe see if you can redeem the Java Edition?

Simi 05-17-2022 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleTheCat2 (Post 4762696)
I would love to but I only have bedrock. Can anyone make a bedrock version?

So we would not be making a bedrock version, you could always see if you can find someone willing to host but there is a lot on the back end to be able to get it running.

If however you wish to join us on java you would be welcome

Locked Puppy 05-18-2022 12:54 PM

After getting some clarification on the privacy issues mentioned earlier I have implemented a solution.

If you are worried, that your minecraft name might link you to your non kink life, we have a nickname feature that allows you to assume any name you wish, and nobody will ever see your actual minecraft name except for me, since I am the server admin. That same nickname will also automatically show up in our discord server we use to organize ourselves.

Once you have given yourself a nickname, or we have given you one before your first log-in, nobody will ever see the original account name.

Please do keep in mind, that your in-game name is not the same as your Microsoft-Account you use in the launcher.

Locked Puppy 05-21-2022 07:40 AM

We now got copper shops, elytra, rockets, iron, totems, enchanted books .. the server is coming along nicely. Some are going big with their builds, others are staying cozy.

We're more than happy to welcome more of you. Just contact my owner, Simi (who started the thread), and she'll get you set up and running.

You'll be given a starter chest as well, so you got food and some basic tools to just roam the server and find a place to settle.

Simi 06-02-2022 05:22 AM

Thought it was time for another update so here goes:

We still have more spots for those interested!
1.19 is soon out in minecraft and we will upgrade once the plug one etc are upgraded/confirmed to still be compatible etc
We may increase the world border after upgrading to 1.19.

Plus some cool concepts popping up in the minecraft dares thread I posted a while back, and some being planned by those of us on the server! I hope to soon host a couple of contests and start working on building some minigame areas :)

If you are interest please post here or message me, if you have any questions please share :)

Simi 06-19-2022 05:58 AM

Mid-June Update

Hello everyone! I thought it was about time i posted another update on the server

Competition time!

I have posted an advert for our first competition, which will be making minigames! The competition will start at the beginning of july and people for 2 weeks to make their builds, after which date we will play and test them.
People are welcome to join our server to enter this competition and play with us or just to come visit the minigames. If lots of people come and visit the games then I will ask you guys to vote on your favourites, I will also showcase some screenshot of the builds on here for those who are curious

Come and join us!
If anyone is considering joining us and think they will be at an unfair disadvantage that isn't the case, I will give you some tools to get you started and we made a brothel where you can offer your kinky services in exchange for diamonds/resources. We have a pretty good shopping district and if you ask there is probably someone willing to sell any given item that you may want for builds etc.

As always we have plenty of space and we would welcome more players, whether its your first time playing on minecraft Java or if you have been around since the beta. We are still running on 1.18 until some of the addons have been updated. The game play is fairly vanilla however all our players are not ;) The server is a great way to just relax and play with fellow kinky gamers (And possibly hear some of us squirm while gaming and playing)

Any questions/queries feel free to ask them here or DM me :)

sunset-gd 07-05-2022 10:52 AM

I hate mining, so for the mini game I'm building I made a deal with Simi where she gave me what I needed to build mine. It ended up costing me a lot of diamonds as well as 10 days denied, diapered, and plugged at night. I already really regret making this deal, so I'm hoping some of you will come and join us for the competition and play my minigame so at least so my sacrifice won't be in vain ;)

Simi 07-05-2022 11:06 AM

Speaking of the mini game competition plenty of time to come and join the server and get building, you can go as simple or insane as you would like, the more people making them the more fun for everyone :) And we have some supplies to help get the new players up and running. Once the competition is finished on the second Saturday of the month then we will go through and play them all, and again plenty of space for people to visit even just to join in on the games :)

If at all interested just reach out on here or in DMs :) Always accepting more players.