getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Doctor Who (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=45160)

Captain Harkness 04-14-2010 03:04 PM

okay since this is quiet at the moment whos everyones favorite doctor? and side kick? along with the best third wheel? (like mickey or Captain Jack) and your favorite enemies?

Slenderman - Doctor 04-14-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finland4ever (Post 260599)
okay since this is quiet at the moment whos everyones favorite doctor? and side kick? along with the best third wheel? (like mickey or Captain Jack) and your favorite enemies?

I love several Doctors.

One. Two. Four. Six. Seven. Ten. Eleven.

I don't dislike the others, but I merely prefer these over them.

My favourite companions have to be Ace, Sarah Jane, Romana II, K9, Rose (series one only), Donna, Amy, Ian and Barbara. I think, if I were forced to pick my top favourites, I'd swing towards Ian and Barbara. The original companions who helped form the Doctor we know and love today.

My favourite enemies? The Cybermen are pretty much near the top. But not the god-awful Cybus "delete delete delete" ones. Fuck off.

I also adore the Daleks (how can anyone not?) but I prefer the Daleks from the 60s and the late 80s. I also adore Davros, Sontarans, Silurians, the Trickster, the Meddling Monk, the Time Lords, Morbius, the Wirrn, the Valeyard, and probably a whole lot more who just haven't come to mind at the minute.

Captain Harkness 04-14-2010 03:28 PM

cybus ones weren't all that bad. made a cool sound when they walked. And at least they can rob a bank since there not allergic to gold

Slenderman - Doctor 04-14-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finland4ever (Post 260609)
cybus ones weren't all that bad. made a cool sound when they walked. And at least they can rob a bank since there not allergic to gold

Disagree. The stompy wannabes are naff. Their completely different to what Cybermen are meant to be; their stomp is pathetic (brilliant idea for creeping up on people ¬_¬); and their catchphrase is pathetic. Good for kids who want to play Cybermen and Daleks in the playground, but a laugh in the face for us classic era fans.

Captain Harkness 04-14-2010 03:42 PM

I preffer some the improvements. LIke how easy it is for the cybermen to hack the computers and that. Also how the Daleks can fly. "elevate" . I hink it would be a bit of a crap episode if all the doctor did was tell people to run up stairs and make sure they carry some gold.

Slenderman - Doctor 04-14-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finland4ever (Post 260617)
I preffer some the improvements. LIke how easy it is for the cybermen to hack the computers and that. Also how the Daleks can fly. "elevate" . I hink it would be a bit of a crap episode if all the doctor did was tell people to run up stairs and make sure they carry some gold.

The Daleks were able to fly in the classic series too. In fact, they were shown to be able to fly in the 60s - the budget (or lack of) just meant the flying had to be done off-screen. But the Daleks could still move around on various levels.

Besides, isn't it more creepy to be stalked by a Dalek on the ground? Flying can be boring and overrated. Give me a few Daleks lurking in the shadows on the ground than a huge army flying through space any day :p

Captain Harkness 04-14-2010 03:52 PM

no i would far rather have the crucible as my war machine with the cult of sakro leading the way than a couple of oddly painted ones in the shadows. sorry but its just if your gona try and stop something it'll take a lot more to take out an army compared to some scraps. Of course in relatively i would rather have a TARDIS to take over the world with.

Slenderman - Doctor 04-14-2010 03:54 PM

Compare "Dalek" to "Journey's End".

The single Dalek absorbed the entire Internet and was powerful enough to potentially take over the country and then the world.

The huge army that Davros created merely hovered around their spaceships and then got blown to pieces by a few buttons on their own control panel.

Loads of Daleks doesn't work because it's likely they'll all be conveniently killed off or beaten by the end. Whereas it's a little less predictable and edgy with a small group of the buggers.

Captain Harkness 04-14-2010 04:11 PM

got to confess i would have that british one if i could even if i couldn't have the rest. the dalek sec was just awesome! so those two perhaps

Slenderman - Doctor 04-15-2010 12:58 AM

Star Shadows 04-15-2010 03:09 AM

Awww marvin is now doctor it is sweet XD *giggles at the cuteness*

Captain Harkness 04-15-2010 03:18 AM

i wanted that title :'(. nevermind i shall get an equally as cool one

Captain Harkness 04-15-2010 09:05 AM

Out of the new series'. What is your favorite ones to date. BY new i mean 9th Doctor as series one.
mine would would be series two.

Star Shadows 04-15-2010 09:27 AM

this one or the one that was the last one... with the adipose one as the first epp. I haven't got a clue. Isn't it obvious.

Captain Harkness 04-15-2010 09:30 AM

That would be series 4 with donna in it.