getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Doctor Who (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=45160)

Stix 06-06-2010 08:16 AM

Ah good so it wasn't just me!

Embers 06-06-2010 09:40 AM

It wasn't explained but I agree it'll probably be explained at some point

Slenderman - Doctor 06-06-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 285973)
id say 9/10 as the ending of the photo was a bit weak but at least for once it was a happy ending. And didn't Van Goff have his ear cut off? None the less i hated the scottish accent on him which dragged down the mark for it. And woooo Davy Jones got kissed by an artist!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 285983)
only the Van goff could. I have no idea why but i can guarantee it'll be explained at some point.

I don't think it will.

I think the idea was that Vincent was slightly insane and the monster was representing the idea of hallucinations and nightmares. That, or because Vincent had "the eye for art", he possessed a rare talent among humans. And even though it wasn't stated, I like to think that's the reason.

I also thought the climax and the song was the most epic part of the story :)

Captain Harkness 06-06-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 286101)

I don't think it will.

I think the idea was that Vincent was slightly insane and the monster was representing the idea of hallucinations and nightmares. That, or because Vincent had "the eye for art", he possessed a rare talent among humans. And even though it wasn't stated, I like to think that's the reason.

I also thought the climax and the song was the most epic part of the story :)

I disagree. unlike ordinary people we have the sense to figure stuff out ourselves but majority prefer things explained not speculated so it probably will to keep majority o the viewers watching.
However the music this entire season has been epic!

Slenderman - Doctor 06-07-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 286195)
I disagree. unlike ordinary people we have the sense to figure stuff out ourselves but majority prefer things explained not speculated so it probably will to keep majority o the viewers watching.
However the music this entire season has been epic!

So they're gunna explain the plot-point of a standalone story in a following story?

The only way I see that happening is using the crack, but that'd be naff.

It's like "Midnight". That left loads of questions. Some things are best left to the imagination :)

Ribbit101 06-07-2010 03:30 AM

Was there a crack hidden in this episode?

Slenderman - Doctor 06-07-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribbit101 (Post 286412)
Was there a crack hidden in this episode?

Some argue the tree was a crack - the tree in the front of the frame where the TARDIS arrives back in the past to bring Vincent home. However, it might be a bit of a stretch. But there were no obvious cracks in this episode :)

Slenderman - Doctor 06-12-2010 02:05 PM

"The Lodger"

One of the best stories we've had since the 2005 relaunch. James was fantastic, Karen was delightful, Matt was superb and fucking epic. The plot was neat, the TARDIS was brilliant, and everything was great.

And that Next Time trailer... FUCK ME :D

Captain Harkness 06-12-2010 02:29 PM

Spoiler:
Pandorical...Pandoras box

Loved the episode. Matts grown chest hair! BUt did look fairly fit for a Doctor. James Corden did well and it's good to see a Doctor who genually feel alien.

Embers 06-12-2010 03:12 PM

Another top episode, I'm finally beginning to feel like he's the doctor, Corden was superb!

BTW anyone notice the Da Vinci advert stuck to the fridge :D

Captain Harkness 06-13-2010 01:45 PM

Aye i noticed it but didn't understand it's logic. He didn't fancy paris yet the museum was in paris.

Slenderman - Doctor 06-13-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 289400)
Aye i noticed it but didn't understand it's logic. He didn't fancy paris yet the museum was in paris.

I thought it was to represent Craig's idea of getting away but never being arsed to do anything about it. Or maybe it was just a nice link to last week.

Spoiler:
Or, next week, we find out some Van Gogh posters have been sent back through time. Yes, I'm serious.

Captain Harkness 06-13-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 289401)

Spoiler:
Or, next week, we find out some Van Gogh posters have been sent back through time. Yes, I'm serious.

Spoiler:
I haven't noticed any?

Slenderman - Doctor 06-13-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 289409)
Spoiler:
I haven't noticed any?

All will be revealed.

Amelie 06-13-2010 06:17 PM

Just why? blahblahblahblah