getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge Games (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Game of Riddles (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=27824)

Runesmith 01-04-2018 02:05 AM

Runesmith is lost in the mountains of Tibet while trying to find the road to Shangri La (the place, not the hotel). He comes to a fork in the road with paths leading to the East or the West. At the junction, sit two monks. A sign beside them reads:
One tells the truth, sharp as fire
Other does not, for he's a liar
Believe us or not - that's your task
But only one question you may ask

So, Runesmith doesn't know which one tells the truth, and which one lies. He can only ask one question. What should he ask?

SeaFlower 01-04-2018 03:24 AM

If I ask you brother, which direction he'll tell me to go?
Whichever is the answer, you take the other road

Runesmith 01-05-2018 12:56 AM

Yes, you got it right.

Here's the next one:

While scuba diving, SeaFlower finds an old ship wreck. Inside, there are two leather sacks. One contains gold Spanish doubloons, and the other contains gold Pieces of Eight marked with skull and crossbones, obviously minted in a pirate hideout in the Carribeans. One doubloon was worth 6/8th of a Piece of Eight during that time. The bag of doubloons weighs 1.1 kg and the bag of Pieces of Eight weights 960 grams. A doubloon weighs 17 grams, and a Piece of Eight weighs 22 grams.

SeaFlower can carry only one bag. As the wreck is about to tumble in to the abyss, she won't be able to come back for the other bag. Which bag should she take?

alias 01-05-2018 10:32 PM

assuming my math is correct (and it may well not be, im super drunk at the moment) she'll make more money with the bag of doubloons...

that being said, if the shipwreck is about to fall into the abyss, given how long it took me to DO that math, i think she'd be better served grabbing whichever bag she got her hand on first

Runesmith 01-06-2018 06:20 AM

You are right, but no complex calculation is needed. Actually, since both Doubloons and Pieces of Eight are not valid currency anymore (and have hardly any collector's value), the value comes from the gold content. So the heavier bag of Doubloons contains more gold, and therefore gives a better reward.

alias 01-06-2018 02:46 PM

Ah, I misunderstood. When you said "during that time" I thought you meant during the time she was scuba diving

Runesmith 01-06-2018 11:01 PM

Which act is a crime in the US, but punishable only if prevented, and not punishable if carried out successfully?

Hint: the answer is not Russian Collusion

alias 01-07-2018 12:48 AM

the answer is suicide.

Runesmith 01-07-2018 02:05 AM

Yes! Russian collusion seems to be pretty close though.

Runesmith 01-07-2018 04:02 AM

Job interview questions

Read the 5 questions below carefully, one after the other, then you may look in the spoiler to see if you answered it correct. Post your total of correct answers (be honest, now).

You may only read each question once, so read carefully.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Spoiler:
Answer: "bread." If you said "toast," you might as well give up now and apply for unemployment benefits. Try not to hurt yourself sitting down on the couch.

2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Spoiler:
Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Watch some more Kardashian on E! and look for a street sweeper job. Do not try any jobs involving farm animals.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Spoiler:
Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks," why are you still reading these??? You've come this far, so maybe you can get a job flipping burgers. Nothing in construction or agriculture, please.

4. It's 1986, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany .) During the flight, TWO engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on an emergency landing at the Berlin-Tegel airport. Unfortunately the 3rd engine fails before he can do so and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany, killing the pilot and 22 out of the 28 passengers, who were all citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany . According to international law, where would you bury the survivors? East Germany, West Germany, or no man's land?

Spoiler:
Answer:You don't bury survivors. If you answered anything else, and you happen to be a paramedic, doctor or a nurse, please quit your job immediately - you are a danger to the society. Maybe the path lab has openings. Or, dermatology is a good option too. If all else sounds too hard, try surgery.

5. Do not use a calculator or write anything down for this question - it is about your memory:

You are driving a bus from Stuttgart to Sindelfingen in Germany, which is 25 km route. The bus fare is calculated at 10 cents per kilometer. In Marienplatz (within Stuttgart city limits), 17 people get on the bus; In Vogelrain (8 km from Stuttgart center) , six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Kaltental (12 km) , you let two people get off and four get on. In Vaihingen (15 km) , 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Rohr (20km) , three people get off and five people get on. In Sindelfingen-Ost (23 km from Stuttgart), six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Sindelfingen city center. What was the name of the bus driver?

Spoiler:
Oh, for crying out loud...

You don't remember your own name?

You were the bus driver (first sentence in the question).

If you answer all these questions correctly on the first try, you are among the top 95% of the people in the world, and would definitely get a job on my team, if I ever interview you.

alias 01-07-2018 09:03 AM

i answered all 5 correctly... what's my starting pay?

SeaFlower 01-07-2018 09:33 AM

3/5..................... :(

Runesmith 01-07-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alias (Post 3113013)
i answered all 5 correctly... what's my starting pay?

You can start with 8K EUR a month... you take 4K and the government takes 4K - wait, didn't I tell you that the job is in Germany?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaFlower (Post 3113058)
3/5..................... :(

I got the cows drink thing wrong. And the bus driver one.

alias 01-07-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runesmith (Post 3113099)
You can start with 8K EUR a month... you take 4K and the government takes 4K - wait, didn't I tell you that the job is in Germany?

for that kind of pay, ill live in germany >.>d

SeaFlower 01-07-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alias (Post 3113729)
for that kind of pay, ill live in germany >.>d

Welcome to the correct timezones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runesmith (Post 3113099)

I got the cows drink thing wrong. And the bus driver one.

Greenhouse and toast...............:(