Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MysticalMadness

Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Vent: I do what I want!

Posted 11-17-2020 at 01:53 PM by MysticalMadness
Updated 11-17-2020 at 01:59 PM by MysticalMadness

This is going to be a vent post. I just need to get it out and didn't really have anywhere else.

I am so so sick of people in my local community and people I know telling me what I am, what I am not, and what I can or cannot have in a relationship.

"You are not a slave, you are a submissive."
"You are not a submissive, you are a slave."
"Because you are a submissive, you can't have a TPE"
"You can't have high protocol and JUST be a submissive."
"If you want a Dominant that's experienced, you need to let go of your issues with age gaps"
"If you want a Master, you need to go through training first. No Master wants an untrained slave."
"You are either a submissive or a slave. There is no spectrum and no in-between."

All of these things have been said to me by people I know, people I'm friends with, and people that I live with.

What I wanna know is....Where's this rule book they are getting this from? I wanna throw it at 'em!

In all seriousness, I hate going through the process of figuring out my own identity.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1612 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think the most important thing is that you’re comfortable with what you’re doing and how it satisfies you. Hopefully as part of that you find someone you’re compatible with and shares the same viewpoint.

I think everyone will have different opinions on what is allegedly right or wrong, but as long as something works for you then who cares?

I pretty much gave up worrying what other people thought a long time ago about this kinda thing as it got distracting and negative.

Sometimes the lines between slave and submissive get a little blurred. Some doms want a trained sub, others prefer inexperienced subs they can mould themselves.

It’s all a matter of preference, not right or wrong.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterwants View Comment
    I think the most important thing is that you’re comfortable with what you’re doing and how it satisfies you. Hopefully as part of that you find someone you’re compatible with and shares the same viewpoint.

I think everyone will have different opinions on what is allegedly right or wrong, but as long as something works for you then who cares?

I pretty much gave up worrying what other people thought a long time ago about this kinda thing as it got distracting and negative.

Sometimes the lines between slave and submissive get a little blurred. Some doms want a trained sub, others prefer inexperienced subs they can mould themselves.

It’s all a matter of preference, not right or wrong.
    Most of these comments were made by someone I live with and I am slowly realizing that they view many things as black and white whereas I view things as having more flexibility (probably due to my occupation which requires it versus theirs which is rigid. Their age could also be a factor as they are 30 years older than I am).

I'm currently attempting to gain perspective from reputable people in my community that are closer to my age.
    Posted 11-18-2020 at 10:16 AM by MysticalMadness MysticalMadness is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Labels can be pretty pesky. I think that they are super useful to start a discussion but nobody fits inside any one box. Nobody gets to tell you that what you are is "wrong" or not right in some way. You do you!
  4. Old Comment
    Sometimes with some people you just have to agree to disagree. One person’s opinion doesn’t make it right. Go with your gut feeling, keep experimenting, keep being you.