Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

10 years ago

Posted 06-01-2016 at 08:09 PM by Manbearpig
Updated 06-01-2016 at 08:12 PM by Manbearpig

10 years ago this very day, right around this time actually, I joined getdare.com under the username dabear. I was young, naive and silly. I wasn't sure of myself in any way shape or form. Mentally, physically or, perhaps most of all, sexually. I've come a long way in all of those aspects. I've graduated high school and college. I qualified for state in cross country. I've gotten a job.....multiple ones actually. I've gotten promoted. I've gotten rejected. I have learned that I am bisexual, and that is okay! I have traveled to the east coast, the west coast, and to England! I've seen the Grand Canyon and the Changing of the Guard. I've watched Star Wars multiple times. I've finished the Harry Potter and Hunger Games series. I've been to new places, met new friends, tried booze and masturbated for the first time! The point is I have come a long way.

I've also spent A LOT of time on here. Recently, not as much. This is the first time I've logged in since March 13. And before that, March 14 of 2015. I've been busy with work, my job, and my personal life. I will continue to log in very infrequently for the next few years. However, that was not always the case. I used to spend hours on here at a time. Chat with the folks in that chat. Write Funbag posts. Blog posts about things that interest me. I pissed off a lot of people one time because I said that I didn't care that Gary Coleman died. I pissed of a super Christian user by the name of Lokelake because I told him his version of Christianity is wrong (it probably still is). I also banned people. Respond to reports. But the main reason why I joined were the dares. Crossdressing dares mostly, but I did what I enjoyed. Many were fun, and I enjoyed the interactions I had with users. Some close, others farther away. But we did what interested us, and that is why we all joined this website.

When I first started, we were lucky to have a dare or two a day posted. I was the 188th user to this website. Now, we have over 130,000. Many have come and gone. Some still remain today. When I logged on, I saw a mod (who I won't name) who I did not know was still around, even when I was here more regularly. But we will continue to add more users. We will have more people join us and more people leave us. And hopefully you can enjoy those users.

What I will say in closing is that I have known about this day (my 10 year anniversary) for a long time and I did not know what I would end up typing. I have posted 3,084 regular posts, plus many more lounge posts including the most popular thread of all time (The Word Association game, which some of you have forgotten about....), as well as 211 blog entries, plus many more PMs (no, I will not ban your account. I barely even login anymore, go bother somebody else). What I can tell all of you, especially those who I have interacted with along the way, is thank you. Thank you for helping find me find my identity. Thanks for letting me rant. Thanks to some of you for being very stupid that I was able to ban you (although you probably wouldn't be reading this post in that case). But most of all, thank you for letting me be me.

Here's looking at you kid,

Manbearpig
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6821 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Damn... I was gonna say something about Lokelake and Word Association but you already got these covered

Happy 10th Anniversary MBP!!
    Posted 06-01-2016 at 08:26 PM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Love the way you wrote this, and seeing how much happened in 10 years. Im sure thats not everything, however, I got a goofy smile on my face from this blog.

Happy 10th!