Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

Old
Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Hear me ROAR

Posted 12-13-2018 at 02:26 PM by Butterfly (The Butterfly Effect)

For a lot of my life I have been belittled. I have been told I am not good enough: I am ugly, fat, selfish, a bitch, a whore, a cunt. It started with my dad when I was about 9 or 10 and continued until I moved out of his house at the age of 16.

It is no wonder that I had bad self esteem and low self worth. Which played really well when I got into a 6 year relationship with a man who was over controlling and who figured out really quickly that I would do anything for a bit of assurance
A Butterfly Princess <3
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 16 votes, 4.50 average.

My experience with counselling

Posted 12-13-2018 at 11:21 AM by Butterfly (The Butterfly Effect)

As I have mentioned in my previous blog, I have been attending counselling. The main reason I went was to help get my anxiety under control. I have been to counselling a few times throughout my life (probably closer to 12-15 different counsellors), but it was never something that lasted more than a few sessions. I always felt as though the counselor would help me put out a “fire” and then release me back into the world.

While this was helpful, it never really resolved the underlying issues.
A Butterfly Princess <3
Posted in Uncategorized