Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

I have fans?

Posted 06-21-2018 at 09:37 AM by Butterfly
Updated 06-22-2018 at 07:27 PM by Butterfly

I am a social butterfly. I find it relatively easy to make friends, despite having social anxiety in new/unfamiliar situations. I find it easy to get along with most people and can usually start a conversation with anybody I meet.

However, I have never been popular. I have never been the person that people fight to sit beside when going to the movies. I have never been somebody that people notice and watch and try to be like.

I work hard to be a good role model for my younger cousins and those who might be close to me. And I put that into practice here as well. I try to write, knowing that somebody might read that I could potentially help.

But ... I never considered that I would have fans ... I am not just talking about friends who enjoy my company, or people who read a blog and enjoy it enough to maybe subscribe, but actual fans! People who follow me, and who want to be friends with me. People who cheer me on from the sidelines, people who may never have commented on one of my blogs or even said "Hi" to me in chat.

Recently, this has been brought to my attention more. As I have been struggling through life a little more lately, I have received some very encouraging comments and pms from people that I have never met. These getDarians know who I am, and follow my story and they care about me! And I didn't even know they existed!

This blows my mind. How is that even possible?

It is a weird feeling knowing that so many people are lurking and just following me. Part of me wants to curl up and hide. Being watched is a bit scary, but at the same time it is nice to know that I have so much support from people, and so many that I don't even know. It is a little bit overwhelming to be honest. I mean, maybe I should have realized that I had fans, but I just didn't.

I really don't know what the point of this blog was supposed to be ... I guess I was just having a bit of "wow!" in shock moment and I needed to share it. But I am going to make this the point:

If you follow me, and my story ... if you are rooting for me, admire me, or even just kind of like me, say "Hi"! I want to meet you. You don't have to lurk in the shadows. I love meeting new people and making new friends.

And I promise, I don't bite!

Views 1010 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hii!

S is for Super we know you are
    U is for Unique you're on of a kind
    P is for Perfect, cause you are so sweet.
    E is for Enjoyment we get from your blogs
    R is for Roses we want to cover you in

GOOOO BUTTERFLY!!!
  2. Old Comment
    I'm definitely a fangirl
  3. Old Comment
    I'm a fan as well. LOL
  4. Old Comment
    All the lurking fans :3 <3
  5. Old Comment
    The Beatles would envy you, actually!
  6. Old Comment
    Deffinatley a big fan. #noticemesenpai
    Posted 06-22-2018 at 08:19 AM by Twisted Kitten Twisted Kitten is offline
  7. Old Comment
    For someone as amazing as you, I am not surprised you have your own fans and cheering section!
    Posted 06-23-2018 at 06:23 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Come to think of it, I'm not too sure you don't bite, honestly.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    Come to think of it, I'm not too sure you don't bite, honestly.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I really don't know what the point of this blog was supposed to be...
    Oh come on, Buttyfly! (I'm calling you Buttyfly from now on.) You are so totally allowed to bask in it! Go on! Accept and enjoy the fact that you are both highly respected and incredibly well liked. At the same time. By the same people. (Not many can say that, Butterfly! [I'm apparently back to calling you Butterfly from now on.])

11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    The Beatles would envy you, actually!
    Common mistake. Lepidoptera, not Coleoptera! (It was on QI...)