Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Hydroc

Rate this Entry

On being giddy, post rates, and how the two are unrelated.

Posted 05-26-2010 at 01:58 PM by Hydroc

Wow, someone actually commented. That, in all honesty, makes me feel giddy inside like no 21 year old male should feel giddy. Well, except for things related to sex with really hot women(or men for those who are bi/gay). But yeah, it makes me happy.

So, I've noticed that the stories section gets about 1 post per 100 views or so, at best. Is it just me, or is that really low? I mean, in a format where stories were indexed and you have an option to leave a comment, then I can see that actually being high, but in a format like on this site where the stories are posted as part of a forum, I would expect the ratio to be much closer. There are some forums I visit where you can get 1 post per 10 views on a thread, which may be obscenely high.

Maybe I'm just being unrealistic though in my expectation that people will post often, and maybe everyone in the stories section just really likes to lurk instead of posting. In any case, there really isn't much I can do. I can only hope that my quality will be recognized by a comment every 2-3 thousand words written, which at my current rate will be every 3 or 4 story posts. *shrugs* I'll be happy with that, since I do enjoy writing, and until such time as I can acquire the discipline necessary to sit down and finish my novel(la), this will have to do.

I realize that I still have to connect those 2(or was it 3?) topics, so I'll just say that they're not connected, except that they are, somehow. In some strange way, they fit together in my mind. If anyone can figure it out, I'll give them a cookie, which will likely sit on my desk since I don't know where you live, and also because I'm not going to ask where you live. I mean, come on. It's the INTERNET, and as the authorities are so found of telling us, the internet can be a dangerous place.

Despite that, I'm going to use it anyway, and hope someone doesn't find me and rape/murder me, because I don't think my girlfriend would like that very much.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2044 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments