Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Swan Song

I am sad to see you leave, Butterfly. You have been an invaluable piece of GetDare and one of the truly awesome parts of this place. I wish you all the best with your future and hope that you find all the happiness as you move onwards. <3
  2. Old Comment

Swan Song

It's always sad when one of the newer users decides to move on Our paths haven't crossed that much recently, but I know how much this place has meant to you. I don't think this is goodbye, but you have to do what you feel is best for you. So good luck, and I hope our paths cross again. x
    Updated 05-14-2023 at 04:27 PM by Come-Here
  3. Old Comment

Swan Song

Love you, and good luck with wherever your travels may take you.
    Posted 05-14-2023 at 01:09 AM by silverdarknight silverdarknight is offline
  4. Old Comment

Swan Song

Thanks for being here Butterfly! May you flutter away happily!
  5. Old Comment

Swan Song

That's really sad, you seemed like such an important piece of this place
  6. Old Comment

Swan Song

All the best to you ... onward.
    Posted 05-12-2023 at 09:50 AM by FrostbittenSoul FrostbittenSoul is offline
  7. Old Comment

Swan Song

Your importance for this community can not be overstated, and if I were to try to say anything about it I would only wildly understate, but I'm speaking from the bottom of my heart when I whimper:
    Oh no!
    I am going to miss you so much! We've never really interacted a lot, but you have always been there, like a... well, like a rock. The anchor of gD?

I don't know what to say. I can't imagine gD without you.

I'm going to call you Butty one last time: Fare thee well, dear Butty. Live long and prosper.
  8. Old Comment

Swan Song

Even if I don't you much, seeing you around, read your blogs etc was quite a constant, will be weird to not see it again, anyway wish you good luck with this new chapter, bye Butterfly!
  9. Old Comment

Swan Song

Thank you, Butterfly, for all you have done to make this community a great and welcoming one! *salute*
  10. Old Comment

Swan Song

This is such sad news. To me you are gD.

It will not be the same without you.

Thank you for lots of fun times on here. Thank you for making me feel part of this community, for all the little adminy things you have helped me with and for not covering me in glitter too much

I know our friendship will carry on outside of gD, but it's still sad to think you won't be around here.

<3
    Posted 05-11-2023 at 05:58 PM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
    Updated 05-11-2023 at 06:00 PM by DeepInnerFreak (Stupid spelling error. Reason: Fat fingers.)
  11. Old Comment

Swan Song

While I haven't been active here for very long, I was a quiet lurker for many years and have seen the huge contribution you have made to getDare during that time.

Thank you!

All the best for the future where ever it takes you.

Azyliux
  12. Old Comment

Swan Song

Good luck on your journey
  13. Old Comment

Early Butterfly gets the Worm

I'm here! I've seen you again! I hugged you! After all this time it feels great to be back!

But that cage.... its so small! You made me crawl in there just to test it out and I need to lie in a fetal position!

Right now you are still sleeping and I am eagerly waiting for you to wake up.
    I am both scared and excited about what these two weeks bring!
  14. Old Comment

Early Butterfly gets the Worm

Jaro's excitement (earlier, in his blog) was contagious - but your is worse! I want daily reports about your adventures! I can't live without hearing how it goes! What can I do to ensure reports? What do you want to be bribed with?
  15. Old Comment

Switchy Switch

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    This is awesome! I am so happy you found someone you are comfortable switching with.
    But what is an ottoman?
    This is an ottoman
  16. Old Comment

Switchy Switch

This is awesome! I am so happy you found someone you are comfortable switching with.
    But what is an ottoman?
  17. Old Comment

Switchy Switch

I have definitely faced issues with partners not being able to switch with me. I generally don't have too much of a problem, but I have found more often than not a sub will see me differently after a topping session and it can make things messy. I guess it removes the Dommy façade for some. Others just are not comfortable with it at all which is totally fine. Like you I came to the conclusion it's best not to go there unless it's been thoroughly thought through and needs discussed. My last sub for example was more than eager to be mean to me on occasion. So happy that you can switch with your Dom. Personally I think it's beautiful to be able to see that part of someone. (if it's naturally there and not forced) I find you do feel so much closer to them but totally get why in most cases it does not work. Surprised to hear he did not receive a small glitter parade as he came though

Thanks for posting, it made me smile
    Posted 04-03-2023 at 04:07 AM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  18. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeepInnerFreak View Comment
    Another awesome example of your Dom going at a slow steady pace and building up to things for you. It's so lovely to see. My experience with breath play was to the point you reached (although we kinda just jumped into it after discussing). We were both comfortable going for the me pinching her nose and covering her mouth with her hand as we had sex. As pointed out so much trust has to be there to try this. Their life is literally in your hand(s) as you say. It's so hot though. Not sure I would ever go further with it as this did the trick and I've heard some awful stories of this play going wrong. Thank you for sharing
    I think I feel pretty similar to you. I don't think I would take this play much further, but for now this is so freaking hot and I am so excited to continue to explore this.
  19. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

Another awesome example of your Dom going at a slow steady pace and building up to things for you. It's so lovely to see. My experience with breath play was to the point you reached (although we kinda just jumped into it after discussing). We were both comfortable going for the me pinching her nose and covering her mouth with her hand as we had sex. As pointed out so much trust has to be there to try this. Their life is literally in your hand(s) as you say. It's so hot though. Not sure I would ever go further with it as this did the trick and I've heard some awful stories of this play going wrong. Thank you for sharing
    Posted 04-02-2023 at 04:30 PM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  20. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Azyliux View Comment
    I would certainly assist in reviewing those notes carefully, Dr Sloth, if you were to post them. Purely to ensure appropriate academic rigor and to provide a second medical opinion, as I'm sure you understand.

Did you collect any medical imaging from the session to review? If not, perhaps in a follow up appointment.

And Pluky: Surely Dr Sloth wouldn't be old enough for you?
    Omg! Don't encourage him!
    No images were collected, just fluids.
  21. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeepInnerFreak View Comment
    This does sound super fun. Not ever done RP either, but I think because of an amusing story line and all the equipment/papers/reports etc it has taken the cheesiness to such a high level it almost doesn't register. It becomes less about the RP and more about the fact that you have two people just inspecting and touching adding heightened awareness to the humiliation. Loved reading about it
    Yeah, the emotions and feelings were real and so it didn't feel so much like a roleplay. Also my participation was mostly just laying there so that made it easier lol
  22. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SleepySloth View Comment
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps I should post the notes we took to get the medical communities opinion for my study.

Sincerely , Dr. Sloth

That clearly isn't necessary.
  23. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pluky View Comment
    I felt second hand embarrassment just reading your last description lol xD
    Gah! Right??? I literally just laid there and hid for 10 minutes after the last exam was done.
  24. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    Honestly, this really does sound HOT! The combination of embarassement and being literally so exposed. I am glad to read how subby it made you feel!

Btw, I think Dr. Slothy is a great name!
    Well I am glad to book you an appointment with Dr. Butterfly while you are here!

Hehe, I know it is. Though the actual name on his clipboard was Dr. (his real name)y
  25. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

I would certainly assist in reviewing those notes carefully, Dr Sloth, if you were to post them. Purely to ensure appropriate academic rigor and to provide a second medical opinion, as I'm sure you understand.

Did you collect any medical imaging from the session to review? If not, perhaps in a follow up appointment.

And Pluky: Surely Dr Sloth wouldn't be old enough for you?
    Updated 04-02-2023 at 03:32 PM by Azyliux