Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rate this Entry

I don't play games

Posted 03-02-2019 at 06:10 PM by Butterfly

Ok, so maybe that is a bit of a lie. Full disclosure, I love playing monopoly and other board and card games. I sometimes enjoy the occasional wii game. However, what I was referring to is mind games. I don't play mind games.

Oh shit ... ok I guess that is a lie as well. I love mind fucks and getting into people's heads.

Let's try again ...

What you see is what you get with me. I am just me. I don't want to pretend to be somebody I am not. It is WAY too much work.

If you piss me off, I will tell you. If you take something too far, I will tell you. If you make me happy, I will tell you. I don't beat around the bush. I am a communicator: I say what I mean and I mean what I say. If ever I need space, I will tell you that I need space. If I cannot communicate for some reason, then I will tell you that I can't communicate.

I don't do the silent treatment thing when I am upset. I don't say "fine" when I am not actually fine. I don't just ghost people because I don't want to deal with something.

I like to be as straightforward as possible. And I guess I expect the same from others. I don't want to play games. I don't want to have to guess the hidden meaning behind your words.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wallpaper_what_you_see_is_what_you_get_by_chicastecnologicas21-d4tprlu.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	859

I am just me. If you don't like me, I am ok with that. I will still be as polite and as friendly as I can. As long as you respect me, I will respect you. However, if you piss me off, you will know.

I don't play games. So don't play games with me!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 939 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Completley understandable. Games are weird, and I am bad at them. I can't read hidden meanings. I like it better when people are straight up so know there is at least one person in the universe appreciating you not playing games.
  2. Old Comment
    This is part of why I adore you. I know what I'm getting, you don't piss about. You tell me what's on your mind.

And what is usually on your mind is "let's be mean to DBM".

But that's ok
  3. Old Comment
    Oh, I LOVE games, especially mind games.

But, without consent, they totally suck. If you know each other better, and the borders between real and game are clear, or at least, you can move back into real any time, for example via use of a safeword, it can be so awesome.

Just, playing mind games with people outside of consensually kink, that's horrible.
  4. Old Comment
    You sound Dutch, and that's the best compliment a Dutchie can give to a Canadian Seriously though, kudos for being honest and speaking your mind. That's a quality that most women lack.
  5. Old Comment
    @LitDarkness - Thank you. I think it just makes sense to be upfront about things. The only time I might hint or beat around the bush is when I am trying to give ideas for a gift or birthday or something. But I have learned that a lot of people (especially men as their brains work differently) don't pick up on hints, so you literally need to just spit it out and ask for what you want.

@Dr.Dom - I do LOVE being mean to you :P But yes, I do try my best to tell you exactly what is going on, even if that is that I need some time to figure that out. Why worry you or make you feel bad? I much prefer open and honest.

@Cass - Yes! I love mind games, they can be so much fun within a dynamic but even then it can be hard so yes, using a safeword is always good. However, outside of consensual kink, they just suck!

@Wingman - Haha thanks!