Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

Bdsm 101

Posted 06-16-2015 at 12:44 PM by techiegirl
Tags bdsm, kinky, rants

Keep in mind, these are my thoughts, my own opinions. Take what you will from it, disagree, agree, doesn't matter. These are the rambles of me, not you.

So, BDSM can stand for different things, but I have only heard two variations.

Bondage Discipline Sadomasochism

Bondage Dominance Sadomasochism

There are probably more variations, but I'm going to stick with the first one. I read somewhere this great analogy that I've always really liked, but it is not my own original idea.

BDSM is like a giant buffet. So many options and so many things to try. Some people like mashed potatoes and some like salmon. Some like both. Some like mixing their salmon with their mashed potatoes. Some people don't like any of that and will just stick with their mac & cheese (love me some mac & cheese)

At a buffet, you can pick and choose what you want to put on your plate. Someone can say, "Oh, the dinner rolls are amazing! You should try some." But you are not obligated to try it.

Everyone likes different things and it will be very very difficult to find two people with the exact same food in the exact same proportions. People who sit together don't have to have the exact same thing on their plate.

There isn't any sort of rule to what you can cannot eat at a buffet. The only thing is don't look at someone's plate and go, "Gross! How could anyone eat that?" Because that is just plain rude.

People sometimes forget that BDSM is a buffet of kinks and that their is no right or wrong way to do BDSM.

The B may stand for bondage, but that doesn't mean you have to use bondage in your BDSM.

Repeat after me: There is no wrong way to do BDSM. (In safe, sane, and consensual settings. Don't be forcing someone to eat spaghetti and don't let someone put salad on your plate when you don't want salad.)

Maybe you're a little nervous about trying the peas, so you put a few on your plate and realize you aren't a huge fan, but you're fine with them in the stew. That's totally okay.

Feel free to try everything at the buffet and feel free to leave certain areas untouched. Don't define BDSM by what you see on someone else's plate. Find your own food and see what you enjoy.
Posted in Kinky
Views 1593 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Am I the only one who, upon reading the word spaghetti in a post about bdsm, got a mental image of a girl tied up by spaghetti noodles? >.>
  2. Old Comment
    The buffet is a great analogy! I'm thinking to use it when explaining to my vanilla friends about bdsm

Thank you so much for the great writing!