Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rate this Entry

500th Blog

Posted 10-23-2022 at 04:13 PM by Butterfly

I really can't believe that I am sitting here writing my 500th blog! Ps. That is the most amount ever written by one single person on here. I have been thinking about the topic of this blog for the last few months as I realized that it was approaching. After 500 blogs I struggled to think of a topic that was special, and so I reached out to all of getDare, inviting you to help me choose what to write about. I created an AMA and received some fantastic contributions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdriver81
What was the first ever post you made on get dare and what was the first ever thread that you started?
This one is pretty difficult because getDare only shows your last 200 posts in your statistics. As well, I had a previous account. I can confidently say that the first thread I started was an ad and it was under this account. It was the ad that led me to meet Mr. Devious. If I was making a guess, I would say that my first post outside of my ad was asking a question in an AMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem
what's something you miss from days-of-yore getdare? what's a newer thing you enjoy or appreciate?
I miss how active the chat used to be. I was very close with the group of people who were active around the same time that I joined. It was a daily routine to come home from work and join the chat and just laugh and talk with an amazing group of people. I also really miss how active the blog section was.

Something newer that I appreciate? hmm ... I do like meeting new people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepysloth
When did you first realize you liked kink?
One day when I was about 15, I was watching an episode of CSI. In this episode a man died due to asphyxiation from a BDSM club. This was the first time that I ever remember being turned on. It started my research down the rabbit hole of kink and bdsm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluky
Have you ever done something that turned out to be too painful or affected you in some way that your regretted doing it ?
I usually don't regret trying things. It is all a learning experience and even if something doesn't turn out the way that I want it to, I am happy to have tried. However, two things come to mind: 1) when Mr. Devious and I met in person for the second time, we tried wax play but used wax that burned too high and it burnt my nipple 2) Recently I started to play with a long term getDare friend. Somebody who I really trusted. Because of this, I let him lead me down a path that I wouldn't have gone down if it wasn't somebody who I had trusted so much. It turns out he was lying to me, and my heart got hurt - badly. Not only that, but other people involved also got really hurt. I regret the whole situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallygirl
What are some of the biggest trends you've noticed over the years and changes?
Hmmm, this one is difficult. I have been on getDare for over 10 years now. I think the biggest things I have noticed is that people kind of cycle through here. They may stay a couple months, or a couple years, but most people are here for a short time and then move on.

I have also noticed that as of late, the "meat" of the site has been more about the person above threads, and dice dares and less about quality, lengthy dares/tasks. Same goes for the blog section. Most of the entries seem to be about advertising themselves, PM dates, etc. rather than people sharing their journeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaro
If you compare the first few blogs that you wrote on here with the last few, what things do you notice. What things stand out to you if you look at the difference?
This can be both about the content of those blogs as well as the writing (style) of them.
My first three blogs were:
July 6, 2014 - Strong and scary feelings
July 7, 2014 - Best Orgasm of my life
July 10, 2014 - My thoughts on being a sub

I think looking back at these, I can see that there is a big difference in how innocent and tentative I was. I was still very open and honest. I also feel like when I first started writing and posting, a lot more of my content was based on what I was experiencing at that time: reports on play sessions, or how I was feeling when I was first exploring with Asslvr (now named Mr. Devious). Whereas I find that now I write a lot more about my ideology around kink/bdsm. I like to write to educate people and share my views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Devious
Can you make a list of your top 10 favorite blogs of all time? Written by you or others?
Oh! This is the hardest question of all. I am going to disregard all other people and instead just focus on my own blogs. This isn't because I am conceited but because there have been so many people that I have looked up to over my years here on getDare and so many valuable and entertaining blogs. I went through all 499 blogs and chose any that I loved loved and I was at a whopping 36!!!! It took me a long time to narrow them down. That being said, here are my top 12 blogs, in no particular order, written by me:

1. Our first meeting: Questions and Answers
Before we moved in together, Asslvr (Mr. Devious) and I met in person a few times first. We travelled across the country and we wrote about our time together. We then answered questions together in a blog.

2. Happiness
This is a message that I am very passionate about and that I preach to a lot of people.

3. Interogation - 4 parts
I kind of cheated here. This was a 4 blog series about our interrogation scene. I think I chose this one because it was just one of my favorite ever scenes.

4. A kinky getDare wedding
This was just pure fun as we got ready for our real wedding. I did write about our real wedding as well, but I thought this one was just fun.

5. How to write a proper (brat) report
This one still makes me giggle. It is the perfect example of my form of bratting: Silly!

6. To my future Dom
This still very much rings through. It was written as I was searching for a Dom and I have referred to it a lot.

7. 6 years: Then and Now
This was my 400th blog post and I wrote about the growth that I have experienced over the 6 years that I had spent on getDare at the time.

8. 15 things women wish men knew
This is a great informative blog written in collaboration with a bunch of getDare members who identify as female.

9. The E word: Eeeks!
Although this one is pretty embarrassing and still makes me blush, it is also super funny and I think it is great to write about things not going according to plan.

10. The not so glamourous side of kink
As I stated above, I like to be real and that is super important to me. This blog is about just that ...

11. Responsibility of being a Top
One of the defining moments of my life as a Domme. It was a super hard moment for me but I learned a lot and I think it is important to read.

12. I'm a brat ... but wait, it's not what you think!
This is probably the blog that I link people to the most. I think that brats get a bad name a lot of the time and I don't think that my version of bratting is what first comes to mind when you think of a brat.

Honorable mentions
* How much do I love him
* Please Sir
* Click here for nudity
* How to get out of trouble
* Lube, Lube ... SO much lube!

Thank you all for coming on this journey with me. Thank you to each member who provided me with a question to answer. I am so happy that I still have people on here who follow my writings and can take something away from them.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 411 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Thank you all for coming on this journey with me. Thank you to each member who provided me with a question to answer. I am so happy that I still have people on here who follow my writings and can take something away from them.
    Congrats for reaching 500 yea^H^H^H blogs! May there be 500 more!

As always, your enthusiasm is contagious: your Big Five-Oh-Oh has inspired me to make a (tentative) decision to (try to) resume my own blog here on gD.

Btw: I, too, have noticed that the blogs aren't quite as "meaty" as they used to be (back when everything was better? ). But things go in circles, so maybe there's a new Golden Era just behind the corner?
  2. Old Comment
    Congratulations on reaching this milestone!
  3. Old Comment
    Congratulations for this big achievement! I'll look forward for the 1000th blog!
  4. Old Comment
    Congratulations on this happy milestone Miss! And 500 blogs really!? That is insane. Have you ever thought of becoming a -kinky- writer?
    Looking for the next "500 Shades of Butterfly!"
  5. Old Comment
    Congratulations and thank you for the responses.