Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pluky

Rate this Entry

Poses analysis - Sub assignment

Posted 10-01-2022 at 06:56 PM by pluky
Updated 10-01-2022 at 08:53 PM by pluky

Today I am to write a detailed description of what I feel goes on, on a deeper level, in some poses I chose to assume in my recent pictures. A lot of this kind of tasks feel a bit like homework, lucky me I don't really shy away from introspection, analysis, and writing, it's a whole another type of fun for me.

I'd like to clarify that I haven't really done much research on slave positions, so I don't know the details of exactly how they are executed or the possible official meanings behind them. I will just attempt to give my take and exploring my feelings and impressions / intentions.

The Analysis

To not get too repetitive I will start with what all three poses have in common. Obviously there is the kneeling component. In my understanding, the way I see it, kneeling symbolizes placing yourself lower : in the most literal way if someone was standing and you were kneeling, your head is lower, your gaze is lower, they are physically taller and above you, you would have to look up if you wanted to look at them, ... etc - all of this is visual, but with intention, it carries the meaning that you want to place yourself in that lower position in terms of hierarchy, that you're perceiving the person you're offering this position to as above you. It says : I want to be beneath you. I look up to you.

Keeping such position quietly, displaying peace and relaxation in the way your shoulders are dropped and your hands just sit nicely on your thighs, communicates the acceptance and comfort with the role you chose to embrace, it displays a sense of contentement and absence of resistance in your demeanor. It says : I want to be here, I am in perfect peace with being at this level, in this role.

This calm and peace in the body and facial expression also displays patience and surrender of control. Much like a person meditating. You are not trying to get something, you let go of trying to make things happen the way you want them to go. You are waiting for what is given to you by the person above you who has the control. It says : I will receive what you give me, when you want to give it to me, you are the one in control.

a) b) c)

The main difference between (a) and (b) & (c) is the head position.

In (b) & (c) the head is tilting foreword, comparable to bowing this shows a lot of respect and humility. Looking at someone straight in the the face/eyes can be a sign of aggression or dominance (ever heard that you should never look at a dog you don't know in the eyes or they might attack you ?), alternatively keeping your gaze low paints you as docile and humble. It's also something that's associated with servants (like maids) in my head so it also shows servitude and willingness to take someone's orders. It says : I have profound respect and appreciation for you Sir, I feel lucky to be worthy enough of serving you.

Sometimes gazing towards the ground that way can also be a sign of shame and remorse. For me that wasn't a feeling I had when I posed for these pictures, but I might feel something along those lines after failing or being disobedient or irritating in some way, in that case it expresses my disappointment with myself. It says : I have failed to meet my/your standards, I am not proud of my actions, I am sorry.

The straightens of the back (or at least attempt at good posture) is present in all three cases but it's even more emphasized in (a), with the head being aligned with the rest of the spine. This straightness and good alignement for me expresses discipline. Think military posture. When you are feeling lazy or just chilling, you don't really keep a straight back. It shows the intention to hold oneself accountable, to have self-control, to respect rules and stay in line. It says : I am determined to behave and I take my role seriously.

Finally the one thing that stands about (c) is the fact that palms are facing upwards, I'm not sure what it could possibly mean, to be honest this is a bit confusing to me cause it's counter intuitive to have your hands facing upwards that way while resting them on your thighs, so maybe that's one aspect that it's supposed to convey : being unusual and confusing, which if you were ordered to assume that pose, can have a hint of humiliation to it due the lack of clear purpose, again coupled with the relaxation that shows acceptance and peace with the situation. It says : I'm willing to give myself up in ways that don't necessarily make sense or serve me, and don't need more purpose than filling my duty by obeying.

Besides that, more generally speaking it's a gesture that expresses openness and waiting to receive something, but I don't get a strong sense of this one due to the way the hands are sitting on the thighs, so just saying it as a side note.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments