Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rate this Entry

Baggage

Posted 09-30-2022 at 12:05 PM by Butterfly

Sometimes life sucks. We all go through shit and even when we come out the other side, we can be banged up, bruised and scarred. This all turns into the baggage that we carry with us every day.

Not only do we have the baggage from our pasts, but we all have everyday life things that complicate things for us. Maybe it is school, work, friends and family, health, etc.

Normally I am somebody who preaches that everybody has baggage. It is a part of you. A package deal. It should be expected when you are entering into a new relationship. And I truly believe that if you have found the right person, they will help lighten your load by carrying your baggage along side you.

However, I am feeling really guilty. My baggage is really weighing me down the last week or two. It is super hard for me to continue to carry my baggage when it just keeps piling on. But I can do it. It is my partners I worry about. It's really not fair to them. They didn't sign up for this amount of baggage, especially all at once.

I feel like I am letting them down. I don't want to add extra stress or worry to their lives. I don't want them to resent me. To feel like I am too much. I want to make their lives better, not worse.

But everything has been piling on and I can't even keep up with basic responsibilities. I am falling short. It makes me want to run away.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 422 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    The people who love you and have chosen to remain in your life know about your burdens, and how much you strive to make the world a better place. Not just strive, but do. Because you are decent, and you don't want to bring people down, it's natural for you to worry about your impact on others, and no amount of kind words will stop that. Do bear in mind though that it's someone else's choice to stand by you. Let other people make their choices. Anyone who loves you wants you strong, and knows what you will do with that strength. Focus on what you can do, and how you can use each problem facing you to get stronger. That's how you honour the people who stay and give you their strength.
  2. Old Comment
    I feel exactly the same.
  3. Old Comment
    I think the fact that you worry about this is the proof that you are worthy of some more effort from people close to you to help you carry your baggages, especially in the bad moments when they're particularly heavy, and it won't be a burden for them because they love you and they know you would do the same for them and they get the strenght for helping you by your company and your love.

P.S
    (Sorry if it turned out sounding too sappy or romantic lol).