Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pluky

Rate this Entry

My acupressure pen (officially, aka e-stim pen / electric wand) review

Posted 11-12-2022 at 04:36 AM by pluky
Updated 11-12-2022 at 06:05 PM by pluky

So I got this and, it's pretty cheap for what it is, I would recommend it. My reasons to get it were partly medical (for joint pain, recovery, etc), and partly curiosity about the potential BDSM use, I have always wanted to try the sensation of electricity in a deliberate manner, in a pain play context.

It works with 1 simple disposable battery. It comes with 9 intensities.

On muscles (like quads, delts, ...) the intensity of 1 - 4 is very much bearable but starts getting a bit much at 5, never went above. The device does however come with different tips and the larger flat one gives less penetrating shocks, making the pain more diffuse. In addition to that different spots will react differently, there's usually a "trigger point" that will get more reaction and when moving around it gets lesser or even nullified. The main feeling in the muscle is a pulsation, like an involuntary contraction of the fibers, but when holding it for a few seconds it can start to turn into a burn like pain. Pressing the device against the area gives more of this pulsating effect and eventually more pain, while pressing it less makes the shocks a bit more like on a surface level on the skin.

When trying it on boobs, there is no pulsating effect as I am pressing it into breast tissue and not into pec muscles, the sensation is more needle like and much more intense, I couldn't go beyond the 2nd intensity and only using the flat tip so far (remember I said above it makes it a bit less sharp). The pain gets worse the closer we slide to the nipples, the tip of the nipples being the pinnacle, I could only attempt the lightest intensity right over it and only for a second at a time, it's a really sharp pain and it makes you startle and take it back quickly. But much like with the muscles above, when moving the device around the breast a bit, there are spots that feel very reactive and then others that are almost numb to it.

I haven't tried (and don't think I would) applying it on any more sensitive areas.

Cons :

- the hand holding the pen also gets a certain amount of electricity as well, when it gets sweaty that feeling can get a bit more annoying

- the lowest level is still a bit much to try on the most sensitive areas
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    An interesting new (at least for me) implement. Thanks for sharing the idea and the results of its application in the exploration of your masochistic (better self-sadistic?) pleasures.