Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Chelle

Rate this Entry

Dare journals and blogs

Posted 09-17-2010 at 02:32 PM by Chelle
Updated 09-17-2010 at 02:41 PM by Chelle (fixed typos. I hate typing when I'm nervous)

So I've seen a few of these dare journals and I love the ones I've seen, and I'm tempted to make one, but I need a little advice.

I'm not online often enough to really get to know people enough to get good dares from them, so I don't usually do dares. Same for giving them out. I don't like generic, impersonal dares, I just don't think they're as fun. I think its more fun when you know the person a bit and can make it more personal.

But! I thought about it a little bit, and I don't know if this makes any sense, but I thought it might, if it doesn't sorry: I thought I could do challenges instead of dares. I don't know how to define the difference, maybe its just in my head, but maybe its like a more open ended dare. Like leaving out some of the details or timing or whatever? So its more open ended and I can do it on my own time when the opportunity arises and personalize it myself?

So, advice question 1: do you know what I'm talking about? can you help me figure it out?

Advice question number 2: do you know those websites that let people type stuff and other people can vote on it? like digg? is that at all easily done so I could put one on my blog? because that would be awesome!

advice question 3: am I just being crazy?

especially if you're someone with your own dare journal, (especially especially if I haven't seen or read yours yet) please share some thoughts or tips?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2376 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    commenting on my own blog, but major unsuccess!

I tried a recommended thing on word press and I couldn't even begin to figure it out. I tried some googling and got completely lost. I think what I want to do may not be possible on some blog/wordpress thing without doing all my own webpage hosting and stuff that I don't know how to do.

sad, I'm giving up for today. Anyone with a clue still feel free to share tips.

I'm only giving up on the voting up and voting down thingy. Not the idea of a blog or journal to begin with.

NEW: okay, so I'm not giving up for today, I poked around a little, I may have found something good enough. we'll see.
    Updated 09-18-2010 at 09:53 AM by Chelle