Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Letter to My Sister and Book Shopping!

Posted 11-12-2016 at 07:49 PM by The Slutty Princess

In August, before leaving for college, you may remember my blog about writing a letter to my little sister, hiding it in the trove of books she has stored away. (If you want to check out the letter, it is here) She had found my letter a few days ago and drove down to the University to give me a surprise visit today!

She expressed her love of the letter and it wasn't the reaction I was predicting. I thought she would be filled with joy...don't get me wrong...she was filled with joy but it was an emotional joy. I had never been hugged as tightly as she had hugged me. The feeling was incredible. To see and hear how much a simple letter had inspired her and brought her to tears was simply overwhelmingly beautiful.

We spent the entire day together, going out for lunch at Panera Bread, in which I had their yummy mac & cheese and turkey sandwich. Following lunch, we went to a huge indoor book sale. Not only is my sister an avid reader, but she collects old books as well and we had a blast searching through thousands and thousands of books for hours, filling bag after bag of books. My sister's two large gems were Virginia Woolf's first editions of The Voyage Out and To the Lighthouse. For myself, I had added quite a few romance novels to my collection!

Also, I have a rather big announcement to make. With the influence of my sister and to her suggestion, I am switching majors! I was going for a degree for an early education teacher but I am now going after a degree in Human Services & Mental Health! It is a rather complicated and hard procedure to switch majors but I am going to try my best to succeed in my new area of study!

~Love you all,
Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 768 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That is so great to hear about the great day you had with your sister. The closeness of that love between you and your sister is strong. That support as well for the further of your happiness in reaching your goal in your degree too. 😆🤗