Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rate this Entry

time to step back?

Posted 10-29-2018 at 01:14 PM by Bloxo

Tired, cold and wearied...

This is how I feel after the weekend...and I only have myself to blame.
All I have done for a few months now is log onto this site and I feel a bit silly looking back, sure I've had some fun, met some cool people and enjoyed producing content...but I need to start putting myself first now.
I'm going to spend less time on here, more time on my other pursuits for a bit, sure I'll still be around...but most of my threads get lack lustre responses, few threads interest me now and I'm just not having as much fun anymore.

My gaming has been neglected, my health is taking a hit from lack of sleep and I'm turning apathetic to the world around me...is this what online addiction does? Maybe so.

So I'm going to take a step back from the site for a bit, focus on other things and try and get my life back in order.

Time to focus a bit more on the real world and give myself some time where people aren't making constant demands of me for little reward, I've always been a giver in life...but sometimes you need to know when to stop giving and think about yourself.

But as I say, I'll still be around, still intend to complete my challenges from my 500 post thread, and will still maintain threads here and there where I feel people actually want them to live...others may well die.

Maybe I'm just in a negative mood tonight, or maybe I'm finally seeing clearly that I need to make some changes to my life.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1643 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I completely understand this. getDare is a big part of my life, but there needs to be a balance. Your health and personal relationships should come first. I hope you don't run away completely, but taking a step back is a good thing. Just don't make getDare your first priority.

Get sleep! That is so important and definitely has an impact on your mood and outlook.

I know sometimes it is hard to feel that way, but you are valued here.
  2. Old Comment
    There's no shame in taking a break from getDare. I do it every few months.

That being said, the way you phrased that does make it sound like your getDare usage is unhealthy. It is very easy to get addicted to gd. It very well might be a good call to go easy on it for a bit.

Do whatever you need to stay healthy and happy, Bloxo. Lots of people definitely do appreciate you being here, including me!

3. Old Comment
    Hope I haven't annoyed you too much But I do think your health might be suffering from all those late nights. Enjoy a break, you probably need it and I hope you don't totally disappear
  4. Old Comment
    Take care of yourself! I’ll send you some good thoughts! And lots of hugs! Also I had a lot of fun with you and I’m glad you’re around, especially if you’re only around an appropriate amount of time and are taking care of yourself!
  5. Old Comment
    You can always message me whenever you want on kik, even if you vote for slime green hair colors....!!!
  6. Old Comment
    I completely understand. I definitely had to pull back on my usage. (It really does get unhealthy). As much as I enjoy your threads, I wouldn't mind them slowing (or even stopping) if it meant that you were taking better care of yourself. Sending warm, fuzzy hugs your way.
  7. Old Comment
    Been focusing on Assasins creed again tonight, got 3 achievements haha, so that’s perked me up and will be sleeping at a better time that’s for sure, may even get some reading done for a change, time to take life back

Thanks for all the support, I do know that some people appreciate me here and that’s one of the reasons I kept plowing on, I’m still here don’t worry, but time to start putting other things into my life as well now, feel a more well rounded happiness which is something that’s been slipping of late