Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Love

Posted 08-14-2010 at 09:31 PM by lokelake

Please do not take this as preaching. It was not intended to be. But if a mod feels like it is, then feel free to take it down. There is some religion in here.

Who do you love? What will your answer be if you are asked that? Did you know there are wrong answers to that question?

Wrong Answer: I only love my neighbors, family and friends.

Correct Answer: I love everyone, even if it is the ones that hates my guts, I love them still.

Jesus didn't taught the wrong answer. Why? Because he is all about LOVE! That's why he says to love everyone, not just those who love you! He loved everyone, even those who beat him and killed him. So if he can, then why can't we? Does the world lack love because it is easier to just like or hate or dislike people? Possibly. But we are called too go beyond just like and are called upon to hate hate, and hate dislike. Didn't Jesus say, "if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?" You have no reward and nothing good will come out of loving just those who love you. If there are two people, and one of them loves everyone, including his enemies, and the other just loves his family, God will smile and rejoice over the first person! You don't even have to be a Christian to have less hate and less dislike toward people. Do you know how much better the world will be for just one minute if everyone put away their dislike/hatred toward each other for just a minute?

Let's ALL try to love a little more, even if you are not a Christian. Please, put away your hatred and put on the weapons of kindness and gentleness.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1716 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think when Jesus said love, he meant love as in respect/ caring.

No matter what, you will feel different towards friends/family/lovers, then strangers and people who hurt you.
    but, that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect their rights and wish bad things to happen to them.
  2. Old Comment
    Sorry, but the world can't function without hatred. It's like having a yin without a yang or vice versa. It needs to be balanced with one completing the other. You can love all you want and not show the hatred at all; but deep down inside of you, you probably want to kill that person that is pissing you off.
  3. Old Comment
    Not everyone thinks that way Lolly. Those that love everyone probably simply pity ones you would hate for the fact they have such negativity in there life
  4. Old Comment
    Wrong Answer: I only love my neighbors, family and friends.
    Correct Answer: I love everyone, even if it is the ones that hates my guts, I love them still.

Define "right" and "wrong". And, also, I disagree completely so, in my opinion, your correct and wrong answers fail.

How can you love people you've never met?

I do only love my friends and family. However, that's not to say I don't care about/respect anyone else.

I could say a lot but I'll refrain because religion bores me. On the topic of it though, I recently got a new t-shirt that says: "I'm Atheist, Thank God"
    Posted 08-15-2010 at 02:14 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  5. Old Comment
    There are a lot of people with their OWN conception of Jesus ready to proclaim what Jesus said. They seem to do this by taking a few bible verses that they particularly like and ram them down other people’s throat. I just wish that those people would actually read and understand the Bible in its completeness. I.e. see the bigger picture if you like.

GOD himself said in the bible “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Of course you have to understand the reasoning behind this statement. The point is reason can be found. However you just blindly quote the Bible and insist that we have to do it. My question is WHY?

Blindly following anything without reason is not a good idea, in fact it’s dangerous and fanatical, and in my opinion you discredit the Bible by insisting that we should.

The Bible actually says
    "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

So where does the gospel according to Loke stand in all this? Are we listening to the Gospel or to Loke’s idea of the gospel?
    Updated 08-15-2010 at 06:05 AM by theone
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theone View Comment
    There are a lot of people with their OWN conception of Jesus ready to proclaim what Jesus said. They seem to do this by taking a few bible verses that they particularly like and ram them down other people’s throat. I just wish that those people would actually read and understand the Bible in its completeness. I.e. see the bigger picture if you like.

GOD himself said in the bible “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Of course you have to understand the reasoning behind this statement. The point is reason can be found. However you just blindly quote the Bible and insist that we have to do it. My question is WHY?

Blindly following anything without reason is not a good idea, in fact it’s dangerous and fanatical, and in my opinion you discredit the Bible by insisting that we should.

The Bible actually says
    "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

So where does the gospel according to Loke stand in all this? Are we listening to the Gospel or to Loke’s idea of the gospel?
    Yes, and before he said "if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?" there was more talk about love. Before, that, he said, "you have heard that it was said, you should love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say to you, love your enemies." Which translates to, love everyone not just those you love.

But I do agree with you with the part you said no one can take one line or two out of the Bible. That's why people always says the bible is contradictory because they just look at a small part but not the bigger picture. You have to read before the line(s) and after the line(s). By doing that, people will know that the book is not contradictory if they can understand everything.
    Updated 08-15-2010 at 07:55 AM by lokelake