Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Hello

Posted 03-01-2020 at 01:58 PM by CSasha

Hello,

That word "hello" is one of the most important magic words for me, pretty close to "thank you" and "please". It says so much, like "I am here. You are there. I recognize you. I mean no harm. I am interested in you".

Here's a little anecdote about me. When I was around sixteen years old, I met with my older brother and his friends for a local area network party, playing computer games together. I was so proud and happy to be a part of it. Later, some more friends came around. With every new person, I jumped excitedly and offered my hand to greet them, very personally. Then my brother told me what a bad habit I had picked up, not giving complete strangers their space and time. It was just rude. But, I had to be told since I hadn't learned very basic things.

I needed decades of my life to acknowledge how much love and attention I had missed in my childhood, from my parents. My father had been thrown out due to his violence when I was around two years old. My mother didn't get along with herself, lack of self-love. She couldn't show much affection and feel love for my siblings or me since she couldn't love herself much. Her mother hadn't loved her. Long story. But most importantly, I didn't learn many things or learned them very late.

These days, I have to think of that. There are people who don't seem to know many things, sometimes even how to properly say "hello". Then they might send me a friendship request instead, before saying "hello" or some more words of explaining what they want, why they contact me or such. Some may even have trouble answering my questions. I also have the impression I meet more of them on the internet, like here.

One of my reactions so far is ignoring them. Sometimes I get mad, sometimes I blog about it. I cannot ask them all since there are more than I have the power for. But sometimes, asking gives me some insight. And maybe I can educate one or another of them.

As I am a fan of Simon Sinek. He says the millennial generation had been dealt a bad hand. I'd like to say some of us have been dealt a bad hand, no matter the generation. But surely, the many things Simon Sinek mentions didn't and don't help. I feel and think I am a bit spoiled by those, too. What about you?

But most important, what can we do about our fellow Human beings dealt a bad hand? Maybe we can be a bit less angry, sad and offended by their behavior once we know where it comes from. Maybe we can more easily protect ourselves with distance and ignore tools and be less "touchy-feely" about it, or at least cool down from our righteous emotions earlier and be happy again for our own good. Maybe we can get along more easily with the things and people as they are the more we understand. Maybe we can sometimes, only sometimes, educate them in a way they can be reached. Just maybe.

What do you think?
Views 1242 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I find myself guilty for this. I did contact you when I had a problem and didn't really get to know you before then. My sincerest apologies for that.

I have since then tried to get to know you through your posts and interactions and it's been amazingly fun and exciting. You are always warm and kind and generous and caring and it's been great.
    Posted 03-01-2020 at 03:53 PM by SilvertongueLyra SilvertongueLyra is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Hah, I didn't mean you.

Probably most of us are guilty of small things like these. The communication with you was very fine from my perspective, including your first contact.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    Hah, I didn't mean you.

Probably most of us are guilty of small things like these. The communication with you was very fine from my perspective, including your first contact.
    Thank you! I am really glad I didn't offend you, and you were truly a great help Dr Cass
    Posted 03-01-2020 at 04:35 PM by SilvertongueLyra SilvertongueLyra is offline