Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

The New 'Game'

Posted 03-08-2017 at 09:46 PM by The Slutty Princess

It has been awhile since I’ve been able to sit down and write a new blog post, college has been burdensome lately and it likes to consume the majority of my time. Anyway, I thought I’d try something new. I created a little ‘game’ to help me find things to write about, because honestly, my life isn’t as fun and exciting as I may make it appear. I created an online spin wheel with multiple options for blog topics to write about. My intent is to send the spin wheel link to anyone that may want to spin it and determine my next topic to write about. I experimented with the ‘game’ yesterday and sent it to a user, who spun the wheel and replied to me. The topic that was selected was “A random personal story from my journal”.

You may recall my mentionings of my journal in some past posts, in particular, my panic attack after I lost my original journal, in which I never recovered. Writing is my escape away from sadness, stress, anxiety, depression, boredom, and just about everything. My journal is essentially my imagination in itself but expressed through words, sketches, stories, and sketches. I have thousands of sketches, poems, stories, unwritten letters, thoughts, and feelings scribbled throughout hundreds of pages in my journal. Since the topic had been selected at random, I figured I’d select the page to copy to my blog at random. I fanned through the pages of the journal and stuck my finger on a random page. I actually seldomly remember writing this and I don’t remember what exactly influenced it. I remember writing it when Sam was sick with the flu and I can remember laying next to her in bed, unable to fall asleep, so instead of sleeping, I wrote. So, without further ado...

“Before you were anything, you were my best friend. Long before we knew we would be roommates in college, and definitely long before we knew we would be sharing the same bed every night, you were the one person who understood me without knowing you did. I doubt, even now, you realize how just get me. You know me, sometimes better than I know myself. While this World is divided and angry, lashing out pain and hurt, we stand united. We stand as one soul because that is who we are. One flesh, one heart, one person, divided into two bodies. And long before I knew I’d be leaving you flustered with those ever so attracting hickeys on your neck, you were simply just my best friend from high school. Probably the most beautiful realization is, you still are.”

Hope you enjoyed the reading! It certainly isn’t terribly long once it is condensed onto the computer, but nonetheless, I am glad I could share it!

If you’d like to spin the wheel to determine my next blog topic, just message me or express your interest in the comments! I’d love to have some new participants!

With all the love,
~Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 979 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Interesting idea to generate topics! I'm looking forward to the next, and the next...