Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > cariadferch

Rate this Entry

Thoughts on Role Playing

Posted 08-17-2021 at 02:43 PM by cariadferch
Updated 08-17-2021 at 02:58 PM by cariadferch

I was updating my “Likes, Dislikes and Limits” page when I came across the role-playing section which got me pondering. I realized that I get very few request to role-play (RP), which on reflection, I find a bit surprising.

Over the years I have had a few requests for straight sexual role playing, which I admit, I find boring. To my surprise, however, I have never had a request for a fantasy setting sexual role playing request. You know, where I'm poor American who has snuck onto the Orient Express, and the guy is a mysterious Spaniard in charge of security in some film noir setting. (Damn that sounds sexy.) Okay, more like the guy wants to play the savage barbarian, and assigns to me the role of buxom evil sorceress, whom he has just defeated and now gets to ravish, or something like that. (Heck, even some guy with a Darth Vader profile avatar hasn't asked me to play slave Leia.)

I thought I would get at least one request considering that it's hip to be geek, but no, not one. I admit, I'm kind of disappointed. Though I'm not into Sci-Fi-Superhero stuff, the literary challenge sounds a bit interesting.

Any thoughts on why? I know formats like kik and Chaturbate are more popular because of the video and audio aspect and few find words as sexy (and safe) as I do. Sigh. I guess not many people ever masturbated while reading Jane Austin as a teenager. (I know, that's just kind of sad.)

It should be said that I do get one frequent request for RP and that is to play my evil sister. It's a fun challenge but it's a lot of work putting on the dominatrix mask, which I confess I'm not good at. When it works, it's very enjoyable giving pleasure to a friend by fulfilling one of their fantasies. But when it fails, it is just terrible. Finding that right balance of pushing the boundaries just enough that it's arousing, without crossing the line into something troubling, is very difficult.

Well, just my two cents.

Thanks for reading.

Dan eich bendith,
Amy
Posted in Ramblings
Views 552 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hi Amy,
    recently I started to look into roleplay, so I found your post interesting.

My first experince with roleplay was less than a month ago (I am new with BDSM world). A girl asked me to play as his dominant husband while she was a wife that deserve to be "put in her place".
    I did not expect such a request. Needless to say, I was totally unprepared so I gave up.

In the following days I thought back how I could get pleasure from that roleplay. I came to the conclusion that I should have to decided the plot and play a role.
    For me, who am neither a writer nor an actor, it is difficult even for such a banal roleplay.

Quote:
    Any thoughts on why?
    Yes, in my opinion it is a lot of mental work and it can be useless if there is no feeling with the other performer.

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native language.

Thanks for your post.
    xanderr
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xanderr View Comment
    A girl asked me to play as his dominant husband while she was a wife that deserve to be "put in her place". I did not expect such a request. Needless to say, I was totally unprepared so I gave up.
    Hello Xanderr!

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful post!

Yeah, playing the lead can be really hard, especially if it's done "out of the blue" and cold. Even with good chemistry I find being a dom quite challenging.

If I may ask, have you had any positive experiences playing a sub? Especially with more of a RP theme?

Thanks again,
    Amy
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    If I may ask, have you had any positive experiences playing a sub? Especially with more of a RP theme?
    Nope, but I have little experience to expect any results.

What I would like to try is to have a Domme to plan some scenarios and see if it works.

xanderr
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Nope, but I have little experience to expect any results.
    I hope you find someone fun to play with soon.

Quote:
    What I would like to try is to have a Domme to plan some scenarios and see if it works.
    Do you have a particular scenario in mind?